Australia
Holly12523
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PrePaid on Purchases

Hi,

I am trying to close off the EOFY. Our system transfers Purchase Invoices from Ostendo over to MYOB to allow for processing at this stage. There has been a number of Purchases lately where we have had to pay upfront but have not yet recieved goods. So we have not been able to book in goods as yet for processing. This means that the Bank Reconcilliations are unable to be closed off for the year.

Is there any way to enter that a payment has been made, and apply that payment at a later date to an Invoice once it is booked in?

Any help wuld be greatly appreciated.

Holly

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,026 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31026Posts

3922Kudos

4518Solutions

Re: PrePaid on Purchases

Hi @Holly12523 

There are a few different ways in which you can do it, I've included the two most common below: I would recommend checking with your accountant to ensure that the processes meet your requirements

Option 1: Generate a zero dollar purchase

1. Go to Purchases>>Enter Purchase
  2. Select the relevant supplier and select Record. This will generate you a $0.00 bill
  3. You can then go to Purchases>>Pay Bills>>Select that supplier and apply the payment to that $0.00 bill. You would need to ensure that Include Closed Bills in the Pay Bills window is enabled (bottom left). 

What this process will do is generate the necessary banking transaction and also generate a debit note for you. This debit note can then be applied to the selected bills (when they come in) through Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits>>Apply to Purchase/Receive Refund.

Option 2: Use a holding account

With this process you would be looking at first creating a new bank account via Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New. You would need to give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank.

Once that account has been created, you would go to Banking>>Spend Money and record the necessary banking transaction with the allocation account being the holding account. This will generate the necessary banking transaction.

When you get those bills in you would be doing a Purchases>>Pay Bills transaction as per normal, you just need to ensure that the Pay from Account is that holding account. 

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post