Prepare Electronic Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Prepare Electronic Payment

hi there,

we are user account right plus v 2019.3 and we are having issues with purchasing team being able to see and access payroll information through the prepare electronic payment tab. when i go to manage roles and untick the check box in payroll it autotamatically untick that box in purchases as well, so it seems they are link together. you would think purchase and payroll information would be seperate as we never had this issue with the old version of account right Presiere V19.

we need some help resolving this issue asap

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Prepare Electronic Payment

Hi @paul_igroup 

AccountRight 2019 user access works on the principle that if the user has access to the window they can see all transactions that come into that window. For example, if you have access to the Prepare Electronic Payments or Bank Register window you can see ALL transactions that are marked as to be paid electronically or have been recorded to that account.  If a user clicks onto and attempts to open the Payroll transaction and they don't have access to the Pay Employee window this is when the user access kicks in (i.e. restricted access to the Pay Employee window), however, they will still see those payroll transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window if listed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks Steven, i understand that but how to reslove this issue, payroll contains sensitive infrmation that should only be seen by the payroll officer and the director. no one else in the company should be able to view this type of personal information. for me this is a major flaw in the system that needs to be addressed immediately

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @paul_igroup 

The only way that I know how to resolve that situation in the current AccountRight 2019 version is to restrict the user access to the Prepare Electronic Payments window for users that you are not wishing to see that information. Note: This will mean that the user would not be able to access that window at all and may impact on their ability to complete their tasks.

Others in the MYOB Community may have some ideas on how best to resolve that situation, however, that is the only way that I can foresee you prevent a user from seeing that payroll information in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. If they have access to that window they would be able to see ALL transactions that flow through that window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post