8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Prepare Electronic Payment

Hi,

We have recently located 2734 transactions in Prepare Electronic Payments (that have been paid previously) which had never been dealth with before , is there a way these can be closed without putting the books out? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,328 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,328Posts

358Kudos

328Solutions

Re: Prepare Electronic Payment

Hi @Admin2 

Thanks for your post. There are a couple of ways you can deal with old transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

1. Create an ABA file for those transactions but don't save it or delete it without uploading it to the bank. Doing this will transfer that payment amount to the bank account which will affect your next reconciliation. If you choose this option I'd recommend speaking to your accountant about recording a General Journal to offset the amount in the bank account, allowing you to complete the reconciliation.
  2. Create a new Electronic Payment bank account in Accounts>>Accounts List. Then go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking Accounts and change the account for Bank Account for Electronic Payments to the new account. This will hide the old transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window as it only reports the transactions that have gone to the linked account. If you choose this option make sure you process any payments that do need to be paid before changing the account.

Personally I'd recommend the second option as it's quick and easy.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post