11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Prepare Electronic Payments Not Sorting

We do batch payments to suppliers and staff through Prepare Electronic Payments and uploda Bank Files to our internet banking. It was all good until we installed the new update 2019.3 - the unprocessed items were previously sorted by payment date then by company name or staff surname. However, after the installation of new update, the unprocessed items were sorted in random orders, and even I sorted them manually by clicking the name tab, the items in the bank file we generated is still in random order which doubles our time to check and authorise the banking which is quite annoying.

Is there any solutions to this?

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,431 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,431Posts

4,479Kudos

4,856Solutions

Re: Prepare Electronic Payments Not Sorting

Hi @CCE_NSW 

We are aware that within the AccountRight 2019.3 version the sort order of the Prepare Electronic Payments window can be different from previous versions of the program. This is something that we have reported to the required team for further investigation.

In some cases, selecting on the required column heading in the Prepare Electronic Payment window will generate the appropriate sorting and thus can be used as a tempory workaround but depending on the transactions may not be suited for all users.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User MBLegADL
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

This is slowly but surely driving me nuts.  Like CCE many batch payments are prepared and then they have to go for further approvals.  So I carefully do all the creditors in alphabetical order and then MYOB screws around in random order - so sort and print the unprocessed electronic payments report, export the aba file and it again randomly selects the order.  In an accountable environment where all bsb and account numbers are checked independantly, MYOB has once again created more work - by then having to sort the creditors batch into its random order so the order of the bank payments and the order of the creditors invoices are the same.

Add to  this things like;  not being able to email receipts despite the community's push for it; constant issues with bank feeds, lack of stability and the tendency for MYOB to crash so often in the last few months it is getting harder to justify keeping what is fast becoming a second rate product.

31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

That does not seem to work.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,431 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,431Posts

4,479Kudos

4,856Solutions

Hi @MBLegADL 

Thank you for additional feedback on ths topic and apologies to hear that you have been affected by that situation. As mentioned, this has been something that we have passed across to the required team for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sylutz9
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Agree with other comments. This issue has been around for a long time by now and  I am surprised that this is still an open issue. Looking forward to quick olution though!

Thanks

jordo73
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB please look into this issue and have your software team fix it in the next update.

Having the Electronic Payments assigned in a random order by Myob even though they have been carefully processed in alphabetical order, both payroll and pay bills, is causing extreme frustration for us.  Having to file away payment reports and even bank reports of the payment file that have everything in a random order is terrible for recordkeeping if one needs to go back find something with a previous payment.  When it was in alphabetical order you could quickly look for and find what you needed without an exhaustive search.

I agree with other comments, this problem is a real pain!

MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

889Posts

63Kudos

63Solutions

Hi @jordo73

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations and apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. This issue is currently being investigated by our team and unfortunately it's not fixed in the AccountRight 2019.4 release.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

HI Steven,

Is this issue ever going to be fixed.  It effects not only batch payments of purchases but also payroll.  It wasn't fixed in the last update.  Are MYOB just pitching to micro businesses now where perhaps this isn't an issue, but this is a BIG issue when organisations have internal controls that require batches to be independently verified - you have added at least two hours to my week with this **bleep** up. 

31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

NOT GOOD ENOUGH, MYOB stopped listening to its customer base a long time ago and its getting worse.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post