Print Receipts: do they still need to be cleared? Print to one pdf file?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User RichD
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Print Receipts: do they still need to be cleared? Print to one pdf file?

Hi :-).  We recently migrated from Premier Classic v19 to AccountRight Live 2019.3.  We do not use Print Receipts (and a number of other print/email functions).  Because we have a large company file (circa 400MB unzipped at time of upload) we were previously advised to clear Print Receipts and other accumulating Print/Email lists on a regular basis.  To do this in v19 I used to print multiple Receipts to a virtual printer as a single pdf file.  However, printing to a single file is no longer available, meaning I have to click through hundreds of pop up print windows.  I see that Purge & Optimise have been removed as ARL's new database structure doesn't need them.

- Should I still clear Print Receipts and other lists on a regular basis to assist performance?

- If so, is there a way to do it that doesn't involve clicking through hundreds of individual print windows?

- If the answer here is "use a pdf printer", is there a recommended free pdf printer?  (I use doPDF but it produces two pop-up windows per receipt)

Thanks kindly,

Richard

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Print Receipts: do they still need to be cleared? Print to one pdf file?

Hi @RichD 

Each time you print a document in AccountRight 2019, the system will send through a separate print job to the desired printer. With the case of PDFprinters each print job would require that document to be saved. This is a change from AccountRight Classic which would collate the documents prior to sending it to the printer.

If you are needing to print those documents into one PDF file you would be using a PDFprinter that can collate documents prior to saving. There are few PDFPrinters that can complete this task via the Internet. However, if you are looking at just clearing a Print/Email list we do recommend taking a look at Help Article: Removing transactions from the print or email queue which goes through the recommended process for clearing those windows.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks kindly.  Steps for "To remove a batch of transactions from the print queue" worked a treat.  Instead of sending to pdf printer (now individual print jobs in MYOB ARL) just send them to physical printer, which is turned off, then clear print queue before turning back on.

Any feedback on whether regularly clearing a build up of unprinted/unemailed jobs is still recommended maintenance in MYOB Account Right Live?  (large company file circa 400MB unzipped).

Thanks,

Rich

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @RichD 

Ideally, there should be no requirement with the AccountRight 2019 range to clear the Print/Email windows out regularly. Although, it may be beneficial if you have transactions that you wish to clear so that the window can function as intended.  

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

I'm not sure what impact to functionality you're referring to but that's ok.  I'll just let it fill up for a few months and see what happens.  Sounds like I'll be periodically cleaning it same as in v19.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Richard

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post