Printing Custom Remittance Advices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Printing Custom Remittance Advices

All other forms within MYOB can be customised and set as default and used when printing except Remittance Advices.

From within Purchases then 'Print/Email Remittance Advices' and clicking 'Advance Filters'. You can create a new Remittance Advice and set as default.

But then when you go into Purchases then 'Pay Bills' and select Print/Print Remittance Advice or Print/Preview Remittance Advice it will only print the MYOB Remittance Advice template.

You cannot modify the MYOB Remittance Advice Template either, it will only allow you to 'save as'.

The only reason I need to modify the standard template is because the address field does not line up with an open window envelope, so I created my own custom Remittance Advice to align correctly but MYOB will not use any other Remittance Advice except its own template.

So, can the MYOB Remittance Advice template be modified to correctly align with an open window envelope (address needs to shift to right) or can MYOB be modified to allow customised Remittance Advice templates to be used when printing?

Either option will solve my issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,706 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,706Posts

1,509Kudos

1,795Solutions

Re: Printing Custom Remittance Advices

HI @PJs

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Unfortunately, AccountRight is designed so that you cannot overwrite the system default forms. 

If you have created a customised form for your Remittance Advice transactions, then you can use that form to print your Remittance advices by going to Purchases >> Print/Email Remittance Advice. This will bring up a list of all the remittance advices in your software for you to print and email under the respective tabs.

If you don’t see the remittance advice you are wanting to print or email, then you can use the Advance Filters to change whether or not the remittance advice has been printed before, the supplier as well as the date of the payment and cheque number

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply however as discussed with customer support last week.  When you are in 'Purchases/Pay Bills' and select to Print/Print Remittance Advice no option is available for any other forms only "Print Remittance Advice" and this is using the standard MYOB Remittance Advice.

I have created a new Remittance Advice and selected it as a default from within 'Purchases/Print/Email Remittance Advice/Advanced Filters' but this does not apply to 'Purchases/Pay Bills/Print Remittance Advice'.

All other Printing Menu's allow you to select a customised form but not within the Print Menu in "Pay Bills".

I await your reply.

Sai from Customer support last week advised I would have to log this as an idea as it is not possible to print a custom Remittance Advice.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,706 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,706Posts

1,509Kudos

1,795Solutions

HI @PJs

We are aware that trying to print a remittance advice through the Pay Bills window does revert back to the system default form.

At this stage, there is no way to change the forum used when printing from the Pay Bills Window. Our development team are aware of this and are investigating both its cause and subsequent resolution, however we do not have an exact timeframe on when this resolution will be implemented.

As mentioned, the workaround is to use the Print/Email Remittance Advices of AccountRight. This section will let you print your customised Remittance Advice form for the payment transaction

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
45 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

45Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

This needs an immediate fix.... The email function on the Purchases Command Centre for emailing remittance advices should be called in lieu of whatever function is currently being called which cause the default form to be used.

I hope this is not going to be one of those "yes we are still investigating the cause and will address this in a future upgrade (in ten years time)" or "vote for it in the forum"..... Its not an enhancement... its a bug.... we used to fix bugs before enhancements in the old days Smiley Happy) .....Come on guys... cut the RED TAPE and hand it to a programmer to fix... a lot of customers (and suppliers) will be very happy.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post