Printing or emailing customer statements showing incorrect ageing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
bazzamed
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Printing or emailing customer statements showing incorrect ageing

I have attached 2 statements (same customer) with two different statement dates. As you will notice the ageing has changed from current(statement date 30-11-20) to 30 days overdue(statement date 1-12-20). The ageing report shows all the ageing correctly with invoice 30-11-20 and ageing date 1-12-20. Can someone explain why the ageing is showing incorrectly when statement date is 1-12-20 (one day after invoice date). All help and suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards

Barry

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Printing or emailing customer statements showing incorrect ageing

Hi @bazzamed 

Statement ageing is based on the terms of the invoice. As such, I would recommend reviewing the due date of that invoice. This can be done by opening the invoice and selecting the Terms arrow (top right) before reviewing the Due Date.

Based on your screenshots, I imagine that the Terms are set to be COD and thus the Due date of the invoice would be set to be 30/11/2020. This does mean that when the statement is set to be run for 30/11/2020 it appears as Current, but when run for 01/12/2020 will show in the first ageing period. Due to the configuration of ageing periods and the labels, it falls into the 30 Days Overdue section. What the section is showing is actually 1-30 days overdue.

You also brought up the ageing reports, it's likely that you have Ageing method filter set to be Number of Days Since Invoice date, not Days Overdue Using Terms, thus its just using the invoice date, not the term date.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

bazzamed
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

4Kudos