Problems emailing documents Account Right v19.13 via Outlook 2016

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Problems emailing documents Account Right v19.13 via Outlook 2016

Hi Everyone

My problem is sending documents from Account Right V19.13 via Outlook 2016 migration to Cloud.  Whenever sending by email any documents (Statement, Invoice, Payslip) the error message is always "either there is no default mail client or the current mail cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"  but Outlook 2016 already setup as default program for Email during startup options.

a. I have renamed the MapiEX Disable.txt to MapiEX DisableOLD.txt and still did resolve the problem. 

b. I uninstalled Account Right V19.13 and reinstalled hopefully will address the issue, but did not?

Is there anyone had the same problem?  What solution did your take to crucial operating issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,768Posts

1,518Kudos

1,801Solutions

Re: Problems emailing documents Account Right v19.13 via Outlook 2016

HI @alow_21953

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

That error can sometimes mean that AccountRight v19 cannot find a locally installed copy of Outlook. As AccountRight v19 needs to have Outlook installed locally, if you were using a cloud based version of Outlook AccountRight v19 can’t send through it.

If you aren’t sure whether your copy of Outlook is installed locally or on the cloud, then you may need to check with your IT professional. If you have outlook installed and run locally on your computer, then it starts to become a permissions or environmental issue on your computer.

Do let us know how you get on checking whether it’s a local install or not.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes Outlook is installed locally.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,768Posts

1,518Kudos

1,801Solutions

Hi @alow_21953

If Outlook 2016 is installed locally on your computer, then having that error would indicate either you are running a 64-bit version or the registry key for Outlook has become corrupted or damaged.

AccountRight v19 requires a 32-bit version of Outlook to be installed locally, and not a 64-bit version. If you had installed a 64-bit version of Outlook, you would need to uninstall the 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version and then reinstall AccountRight to ensure that it detects the newly reinstalled version. You may need the assistance of your IT professional if you aren’t comfortable with uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook.

You may also want to speak to your IT professional with regards to the possibility of a damaged or corrupted registry key for Outlook, and how to rectify this on your computer.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

It is Microsoft Outlook 2016 32-bit version.

So where do we go from here?

Highlighted
Former Staff
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

311Kudos

699Solutions

Hi there @alow_21953,

As Neil has mentioned, the other common cause of this error message is if the Outlook registry key becomes corrupted. To resolve this, we do encourage you to have a look at this Microsoft help page regarding this issue. Please note that given the steps may be quite technical in nature, we do recommend you seek consult from your I.T. person.

Please do let us know how that goes for you, and feel free to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post