Processing a Electronic payment with past date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rahelstueck
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Processing a Electronic payment with past date

Hi there,

I need to record a Electronic Payment with the date being in the past. I use both MYOB for ledgers in AU and NZ and while I do not have a problem in AU (first file attached), I can't do the same for NZ, I get an error that won't allow me to proceed - 'The bank processing date may not be before your system date'.

In the past, I used a dirty workaround by changing my system date, but ever since MYOB moved to the cloud, this does not work anymore (see next file attached).

Any suggestion on what to do? I do find it weird that I'm not allowed to do this in NZ but in AU..

Kindly,

Rahel

bank processing date AU.JPG
bank processing date NZ.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Processing a Electronic payment with past date

Hi @Rahelstueck

Thank you for your post. As the file is Online, it will not allow you to do this. A possible work around could be is to take a back up of your online file > Restore the back up locally > Make the changes you need to make > Take a back up > Restore the new back up file online so it replaces the current file in the cloud. Our help article Restore your company file has instructions under heading To restore a backup online (to replace your online working company file) on how to do this.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post