Profit and Loss

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
navasblue
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Profit and Loss

Hello - is there a way i can enter data that will not effect the monthly profit and loss statement.  to explain i enter invoices in myob then i deduct retention from that invoice when it is paid  and then generate a retention invoice. this changes the P & L monthly statement.  is there a way i can enter retention amounts from invoices please.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,163Posts

4,580Kudos

4,981Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Profit and Loss

Hi @navasblue

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight will report all values that does go to a Profit and Loss accounts (Income, Expense and Cost of Sales) on the Profit and Loss accounts. If you wish to have a value that is not intended to be reported on the Profit and Loss you will need to record the transaction going to a Balance Sheet account (Asset, Liability or Equity account).

So in your case if you are wishing for that retention amount not to be calculate as part of the Profit and Loss you would need to record that transaction to an Asset, Liability or an Equity account. An accountant would be able to assist with selecting the best account for your needs.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
navasblue
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User