Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Progress Invoicing against a Sales Order

I am looking at moving to MYOB and require  our Sales to be  setup with a  Sales Order which may contain up to 20 lines and then we invoice against this monthly and retain a running balance. We are a professional services industry and invoice in progress payments which vary each month to a % complete. What I see at the moment is each individual order you can only convert to an invoice for the whole amount.

Can you advise how I can invoice in progress amounts each month and maintain a balance remaining on the Sales order?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,585Kudos

1,904Solutions

Re: Progress Invoicing against a Sales Order

Hi @VE 

AccountRight currently doesn’t allow for progress billing in any form. As such if you were to create a single sales order in AccountRight it can only be converted into a single sales invoice.

The only way I’m aware of to create one sales order and then multiple invoices based off it is to edit the order each time, reducing or removing amounts as they are invoiced. This is a manual process however, not an automated one.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil,

Can you confirm what this is referring to and how Accountedge is different to Accountright?

As this appears to be what I am looking for>

MYOB : Progress Billing
Progress Billing enables you to create an invoice from a quote by billing your customer for a percentage of the original quote or a quantity, rate, or amount for each line item.
AccountEdge will track the amounts previously billed. This enables you to bill for overages, change orders, and expenses.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,585Kudos

1,904Solutions

Hi @VE 

AccountEdge is a Mac specific program, that we no longer offer for sale, designed for 32 bit operating systems.

AccountRight on the other hand is designed specifically for the Windows platform and cannot natively be run on a Mac OS due to needing to use certain Windows back end features.

AccountEdge as a product did offer progress billing, however as mentioned this product is no longer offered for sale due to it being unable to be made compatible with 64 bit operating systems used by Mac devices

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post