MadStore
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Prompt to Change Date

Is there a way to have AccountRight prompt you with an alert if you are going to invoice an order with an old date.
We previously used MYOB and it would alert us before completing the invoice that we were using an old date.
After having this luxury for over 10 years we are quite used to it, and now we are constantly finding invoices with older dates (as we did not update them at the time of invoicing).
Again, is there a way to set up an alert or prompt telling the user that the date about to be invoiced is an old date?
If there is not, this is something you should definitely look into for future software updates.
Much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Prompt to Change Date

Hello @MadStore 

Thanks for your post.  I hope you will find plenty of useful information and assistance from the collective knowledgebase of the MYOB forum community.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the warning about use of older dates when invoicing an order.  To make sure I am not misunderstanding you, is this different from the ability to record dates on orders converted to invoices that would typically not be able to be processed such as in this image?

ERRO OLD.png

If I have misunderstood, then apologies for that.  I would still be keen to know exactly what process and where you are referring to though, to see if there is a way to prompt that.   To the best of my understanding the above is the current warning for dates prior to the working financial year.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MadStore
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

So, for an example;

I'm going to invoice a customer order out that was originally created on say 12/07/2019.
I'm invoicing it out today, being 15/08/2019.
If I invoice out as is, without adjusting anything, the date will remain the same (12/07/2019), unless I change it myself. It will invoice out with the old date still on there.

What I want to know is, is there a way for there an alert to pop up to say something like "you are trying to invoice with an older date. Is this right?".
In which case it would prompt me to change the date to todays date.

Used to have this on our MYOB software, but can't seem to find this on AccountRight.

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @MadStore 

I think I understand your meaning now.  Thank you for that elaboration and clarification, it is much appreciated.

The highlighting colour of the Date dropdown serves as an indicator to remind users to look at this field box for important information, however I do not believe that there is a current setting or preference in place in AccountRight that would trigger the inconsistency between order date and the new invoice date.

HIGHLIGHT BOX.png

The current behaviors from testing are to retain the last input.  If converting an order, to invoice, it will retain that date on the order.  If creating New Sales from scratch, the last new sale date is remembered.

I will share your feedback regarding the current state of this window with the team.  We always appreciate user feedback in these areas.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post