Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchase Order Custom Form asterisk surrounding the invoice number

Hello

We have migrated from a previous version of MYOB to AccountRight 2019. Our custom purchase order form is shoing asterisks surrounding the invoice number, e.g. *MYINV001*. There are no asterisks in the actual invoice number, yet MYOB appears intend on shoving them there for the report. How can they be removed?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Partner Wolfie2011
84 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

84Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Purchase Order Custom Form asterisk surrounding the invoice number

I have the same problem, did you find a way to fix it?

Contributing Cover User Mark_Cromarty
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

No. No answer or solution as yet on this. Seems really silly that MYOB insists on putting the asterisk there. The report designer is especially limited in its functionality such that I cannot even use an expression to get rid of it.
MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
849 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

158Kudos

0Solutions

Good morning @Mark_Cromarty @Wolfie2011,

Thanks for your query.

Are you able to provide me with a screen shot of what is happening so I can try and understand how to solve this for you?

Also which product are you both using? I would recommend installing our compliance update 2019.2.1. This update includes a fix for custom form issues as well as up to date tax tables. You cand find a link and more information about the compliance update here- AccountRight 2019.2.1 is now available.

Hopefully we can get this sorted for you very shortly.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Mark_Cromarty
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Attached.

MYOB-Purchase-Item-Issue.png
Partner Wolfie2011
84 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

84Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Maxine, I believe the problem might be entirely mine! I was trying to put a new field in a form for a client.  When editing the form, the new field box went straight to the very top left hand side of the screen and was hidden amongst the company name details.  After realising what was happening and putting it in the right place, I ticked the wrong field name to go in, being invoice number/po number. I think the asterisks might be to say the field is being duplicated. Being a little bit frustrated by things and having had a cup of tea, it became clearer and I found the correct field to put in and away it went.  My apologies for not letting you know earlier.

Partner Wolfie2011
84 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

84Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Mark, yes I've found that I was making a mistake and using the wrong name in the purchase order field and was actually duplicating the invoice number.  I think the asterisks are a way of warning that it is a duplicate number.

MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
849 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

158Kudos

0Solutions

Hey @Wolfie2011 @Mark_Cromarty,

That is awesome to hear that you have figured it out! For the future, I would recommend going to setup>preferences>sales> and ticking the "warn for duplicate" option. This way you will get an alert if you accidentally enter in the same numbers again. I have included a screenshot below for reference.

asterisk problem.PNG

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Wolfie2011
84 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

84Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Maxine, the warning for duplicate numbers is already on, but this was a duplicate field. One for me to take note of in future.  Thanks for your help.

Partner Wolfie2011
84 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

84Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Maxine, I'm wondering if you can help with another problem I have with the end of year stp information?  I have one employee whose PAYG is not matching what is in the payroll register.  I'm trying to track down the area that the information is not picking up.  Do you know if there is a report that can show the discrepancy at all?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post