MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Purchase Order Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Dale_RQM
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchase Order Reports

Hi All

We've recently introduced a process to provide our Suppliers with Purchase Orders for goods (Items) or services we need to acquire.

I'm looking for a report that I can run which summarises the Purchase Orders that have been raised for a given period, showing the Supplier name, PO Number, details of what has been purchased, $ value etc.  I'd have thought this would be one of the fundamental MYOB (2018) reports but there doesn't seem to be one.

The closest I can find is the Purchases (Supplier Detail) Report but this one replaces PO numbers with Bill Numbers (if they exist) and isn't really the summary of our Purchasing activity that I'd like to use for management review.

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers

Dale

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4368Solutions

Re: Purchase Order Reports

HI @Dale_RQM

If you are thinking the Purchases [Supplier Detial] report is similar to what you are after but doesn't include the Supplier Invoice No field you can added that field via the Insert/Modify>>Show Hide columns option in the Report Columns section.

Although, if you are after more of a summary you might like to run the Purchases [Supplier Summary] report, available via Reports>>Purchases>>Suppliers.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

I just want a report that shows the detail for all the Purchases Orders we have raised in a given period (showing PO line details), irrespective of whether they have been Billed or not.

The Purchases (Supplier Detail) Report comes very close to what I want but is standard with the ID No. field whereas I want the PO Number (which isn't for whatever reason an available field to insert).

Regards

Dale

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4368Solutions

Hi @Dale_RQM

The ID no. field on the Purchase [Supplier Detail] report contains the Purchase No. of the transaction.

If you would like to see the Supplier Invoice No this is a field that can be added using the Show/Hide option:

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Does the ID field continue to show the PO Number AFTER a bill has been processed against the PO?

I've found the ID field can contain either the bill number or the PO number.  Is there a rule?

Cheers mate

Dale

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4368Solutions

Hi @Dale_RQM

When you create a purchase order, the system will grant that particular transaction a Purchase No. based on an auto number sequence. This particular number will be carried across to when that purchase is converted to a Bill (provided Setup>>Preferences>>Purchases>>Retain Original PO Number when Changing a Purchase between Quotes, Orders or Bills is enabled*).  This particular Purchase No. is the ID No field that will be pulled in the Purchase [Supplier Detail] detail.

*If that preference is disabled a new Purchase No. will be given to the converted Bill based on the auto number sequence

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

"This particular number will be carried across to when that purchase is converted to a Bill"

So to confirm, at the time the Order is converted to a Bill, the PO Number is lost?

Regards

Dale

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4368Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Dale_RQM

It does depend on the settings for the company file.

If Setup>>Preferences>>Purchases>>Retain Original PO Number when changing a Purchase between Quotes, Orders and Bills is enabled the original Purchase No. field will be kept. If that preference is disabled the original PO number will be lost and the converted bill will use the next number in the autonumber sequence for the Purchase No.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M

Sorry I did read that in the previous post - I just wanted to make sure.

We do have our system setup like that and for me it's a mandatory feature that PO numbers are retained.

Cheers mate!

Dale

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post