Purchase import data error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cxpril
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchase import data error

Hi,

I tried to import data to MYOB, importlog shows there is a summary error with invalid amount. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Purchase import data error

Hi @Cxpril 

Typically, that import error means that the amount listed in the transactions doesn't match up to the calculated amount. In your case, I've added some additional columns to that report that should allow for that purchase to be imported. 

As you have not defined a tax code in the transaction, I've added to FRE. You will need to make sure that you do have the appropriate tax code listed and that the Tax amount listed in the import file matches the calculated amount of that tax code and the Amount includes that tax code amount.  For example, $53.45 + $0.00 = $53.45 (FRE being a $0 tax code).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Cxpril
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your help. I noticed that when import data contains billed and received, there are always some errors. I tried to export data from my existing purchase bills, and found billed 1 received 37 (I entered billed 1, received 1 in my purchase bill). I am wondering how MYOB identify the received quantity. Thank you!

Cxpril
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I tried to use your template to import data, but there are some errors I cannot identify. Could you please help me take a look? Thank you very much!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Cxpril 

The import log indicates what is causing the errors with those import records. In this case:

Error -25: Invalid amount.
Error 0: Unexpected import error - Item is null or not purchased item!

Error -25: Invalid amount.
Just testing the import file it does correctly import into my company file without the quote marks contained around the currency values. As such, the recommendation would be to open the file in NotePad and do a find and replace to replace the quote marks with nothing. This should remove those quote marks from the amounts so it can be imported without them.

Error 0: Unexpected import error - Item is null or not purchased item!

You have extra lines at the bottom of the import file, these are attempting to be read by AccountRight as separate transactions and thus is expecting information. As it is not able to find those amounts, it is throwing an error. Remove those extra lines prior to import and it should resolve that one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Cxpril
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I removed the quote marks and it works. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post