4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Purchase order from Stock alert - from same supplier

Hi

I used to be able to look at my stock alert  ( old version of MYOB)and just click on one item and all the items I needed to order from the same supplier would be on my PO.

Now it only adds the item I click on and this makes it very time consuming and there is a higher chance of mistakes when you enter them manually on a PO.

With some suppliers we have thousands of items in our inventory, so it can be very time consuming,

I also manually went down the list and ticked the items that need to be ordered - and even then it still didnt seem to add all the items I needed to purchase.

I ended up creating 3 different PO from the stock alert list - which I manually then merged them onto 1 PO.

Is there anyway we can have this function available again to make it easier to create accurate and less time consuming orders.

Thank you

Sue

6 REPLIES 6
BronwenReid
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Purchase order from Stock alert - from same supplier

Hi Sue

In the MYOB, when you are wanting to do a Stock Order from Stock Alert - you can enter search for the Supplier and this will bring all the items for the supplier in the list - you then can select the tick box on the right hand-side to bring these items into an Order.  See the screenshot I have attached.

I would also like to request the above feature Sue mentioned.

Would it be possible when you create an order from To Do List - Stock Alert - after entering the supplier name in the search bar the items appear alphabetical order for the Name.  When this is imported into the Purchase order, when you select Order, can this come into the Purchase Order with the same alphabetical order as the Name, shown in the Stock Alert?

Stock Alert - Order Build.PNG
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @suehen 

Thanks for your post.  I hope you have found the collective knowledge of the community forum users to be of great value.

Was the advice from @BronwenReid helpful to you in getting the items listed in Stock Alerts to get and find all the items for a given supplier selected easier to populate a single purchase order?

Stock Alert Supplier.pngStock alert bulk Item order.png

@BronwenReid  With regards to the name sort, currently the population of the purchase order created is sorted by item number by default and cannot be changed automatically by other criteria.

We highly value all feedback regarding functionality of AccountRight, and have shared your feedback with relevant teams.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Bteam
38 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

As previously stated elsewhere the advice is incorrect. MYOB doesn't generate a complete list of stock to be ordered from a supplier when the select box is ticked in the Stock Alert window. Sometimes it'll generate three orders before everything needed is included.

My current work around:

1. Tick the items required in the Stock Alert window and generate an order.
  2. Save the order.
  3. Open it up again
  4. Refresh the Stock Alert window to see what hasn't been included then add the items manually.
  5. Because the Stock Alert window doesn't provide the product code the items can only be selected by looking up the product description through the order form.

This is inefficient and prone to errors but still marginally quicker than completing the order by any other method.

C'mon MYOB please get AR to work as v19  and previous used to. Select an item from a supplier and automatically generate an order frm the Stock Alert panel with all the items required.

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Bteam 

Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing your tips on a workaround with the wider forum community on a way to perform these tasks faster.

I will share your feedback with relevant teams about 2019.2 and v19 processes.  We highly value client feedback about the usability and functionality of MYOB products.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

suehen
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Are we getting any closer to solving this issue?? This a huge ptoblem when you have a lot of inventory. I used to click on one on the items required from the supplier and it would place all the items from them on PO. Now it adds them randomly and I then have to manually key in all the codes that I need to order. It is very  time consuming and easier for errors to be made( and that has been happening)  Please please resolve this issue! 

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,528Posts

172Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @suehen 

Sorry to hear this is disrupting your workflow.  Unfortunately at this time I have no additional details regarding this feature.  

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post