Purchase transaction not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
QORF-Brisbane
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchase transaction not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments

The issue I'm having is very similar to the one in the link below, although that solution unfortunately didn't work for me:

http://community.myob.com/t5/Sales-and-purchases/ELECTRONIC-CLEARING-ACCOUNT-amp-PAYMENTS/m-p/317887...

I started to prepare a bill run last Friday using 'Group with Electronic Payments', and using the current date at the time, 7 August 2015. I had only entered a couple of invoices when I was pulled to another task, so I left those two transactions figuring I would enter the rest on Monday to batch them all for payment.

When I completed entering the other invoices yesterday (Monday) and went to Prepare Electronic Payments, only the invoices I had entered on that day appeared. I even backdated the bank processing date to 07/08/2015 to see if they'd come up, but the two invoices from Friday still didn't appear. Although I can find them in the Transaction Journal and the Bank Register, any which way I go into the transactions only allow me to reverse the payments, not delete them. Further to this, the setting in my preferences that requires transactions to be reversed and not changed is not ticked, so that's not the issue either.

When I go into the Bank Register, as was the solution in the similar issue above, it doesn't bring me to the Prepare Electronic Payments window. It takes me to the Pay Bills transaction that credited the amount to the Electronic Clearing Account, where again my only option is to reverse the payment.

I'm using AccountRight 2015.3. Can anyone help me find the actual payment transactions so I can process these two payments that seem to exist in MYOB limbo somewhere between the Trade Creditors Account and the Electronic Clearing Account? Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Purchase transaction not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments

Hi @QORF-Brisbane

Generally if you can't delete a transaction that has been grouped with electronic payments it means that it has been processed. Once its been processed there are two transactions that make up that electronic payment. There is the Pay Bills transaction (the transaction going into the Prepare Electronic Payment Windows) and there is also the electronic payment transaction i.e the withdrawal from the Prepare Electronic Payment window. 

You mentioned that you have found the initial Pay Bills transaction, which is fantastic so we know that it has gone into the Prepare Electronic Payments window. However this is not the transaction that you are needing to delete that electronic payment, you need to find the withdrawal from the Electronic Clearing account i.e. Prepare Electronic Payment transaction. I would recommend expanding the date range on your search in the Bank Register for the Electronic Clearing account and looking through the withdrawals. By selecting just the withdrawals it will show you the Prepare Electronic Payment transactions which can be selected and looked through for that initial transaction. Once that relevant transaction has been found you can go to Edit>>Delete Electronic Payment. This will place the transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window ready to be reprocessed or deleted.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

QORF-Brisbane
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Purchase transaction not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for your reply. You are spot on - the transaction was grouped with the payroll transaction I had run earlier that same Monday. The invoice payments that grouped with the payroll transaction totalled less than $100, so I didn't notice, because the amount for payroll was roughly what I expected it to be. I followed your other steps, just to ensure I understood how to do this process if I encounter it in future, and it all makes sense. I had the option to delete the electronic payment transaction that included my misplaced payments, just as you said I would.

You're very thorough in your response, and I can't tell you how much it helps. It's all very clear now - thanks for taking the time to reply and help me to sort it out!

Cheers,
Nicole

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post