Purchases: Warn for duplicate purchase order number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Purchases: Warn for duplicate purchase order number

Sometimes with multiple people entering invoices, being passed invoices that are a few months old or being given invoices twice in general (perhaps one was posted and emailed) it is possible to end up entering the same Invoice Purchase a second time.

Currently there is no notification if you do this - meaning you can pay the same supplier twice. If you don't pick this up you may not even notice for several months and that can make a difference to the monthly budget.

It would be good to have a function so that if the same invoice number is entered more than once you get a notification stating that it is already listed (perhaps can say if it is open or closed) to stop us from accidently making double payments.

"Notifications when the same Invoice Number (in Purchases) is Entered in Twice for Payment"

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,414Kudos

480Solutions

Re: Notifications when the same Invoice Number (in Purchases) is Entered in Twice for Payment

Hi Sarah, @CareSuper 

This functionality already exists in AR201X

Please refer to the following steps and image below:-

1. Click 'Setup' then select 'Preferences' option from the drop down list
  2. In the 'Preferences' screen click the 'Purchases' tab
  3. Tick the 'Warn for Duplicate...' option and select 'Supplier Invoice' from the drop down list
  4. Click OK to close the 'Preferences' screen

Preferences - Purchases - Warn for Duplicate Supplier Invoice.jpg

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Notifications when the same Invoice Number (in Purchases) is Entered in Twice for Payment

Good morning @TonyLane

Thank you so much for your post. I followed those basic steps and tested and it work perfectly. I appreciate you took the time to reply.

It is a shame that MYOB Support could not let me know this simple procedure when I called and asked them!!

All the best,

Sarah

Highlighted
Former Staff
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

5,899Posts

0Kudos

165Solutions

Status changed to: Already in product

Thanks for your post. As advised by Tony in his post below, this functionality of being warned about duplicates is already in the software. I hope it makes business life easier for you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post