Qty "On Hand" is Zero, but Items List shows non zero value -4.44089209850063E-16

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jenny-Accounts
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Qty "On Hand" is Zero, but Items List shows non zero value -4.44089209850063E-16

Can't create a purchase in MYOB AccountRight Premier AU 2019.4.0 for a particular inventory item.  AccountRight times out, and shuts down. 

After Investigation of the inventory item, I see it has a zero value on stock when viewing the Item Card, and this is what it should be. 

However, when you view the item under "Items List", you see there is a nonsense value of -4.44089209850063E-16.  See first attachment.  I have reviewed the Inventory Registry history for this item, and see no issue, see second attachment.

How do I correct this issue, so I can put stock on this code that we have purchased?

Thanks

Item Qty Error Screen Print.JPG
Item Qty Error Screen Print 2.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Qty "On Hand" is Zero, but Items List shows non zero value -4.44089209850063E-16

Hi @Jenny-Accounts 

We do have a script in which can run over company files that are showing unusually long decimal place or N/A inventory values or a negative inventory message when changing the preferences. Just before we do arrange for that we need for you to check the following:

Please note that if you do have any receive item transactions these would need to be converted into Bills before this process.

• Go to Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab, click to sort by On Hand (select the column heading). Ensure that no items are showing as having a negative on hand value.
  • Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory

If those options are fine and you don't have any negative values we can arrange for the script to be run: For us to do this we need to confirm the following details:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Jenny-Accounts
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Qty "On Hand" is Zero, but Items List shows non zero value -4.44089209850063E-16

Hello Steven_M

Thank you for your prompt reply.   See my response to your questions below:

“Please note that if you do have any receive item transactions these would need to be converted into Bills before this process.”   No, presently there are no orders in our system, which show inventory as 'received'

“Go to Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab, click to sort by On Hand (select the column heading). Ensure that no items are showing as having a negative on hand value.”  No items are showing as negative “on hand” value in “On Hand” column.

“Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory”  Inventory Reconciliation Report has been run, and checked, there are no negative amounts, nor are there any items with 0 on hand showing a non-zero value, even the problematic inventory item I report in thus support issue here is showing as a 0 quantity on hand, and a 0 value.

“Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local”  Stored ONLINE

“What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is”6536”

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jenny-Accounts 

Thank you for providing that information.

I've arranged for a script to be run over the company file from the cloud that has been known to aid clients with a similar situation.  We do recommend just closing down and reopening the company file.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SusieP
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen

We are also having this problem. Appears on certain products when quantity on hand is 0 but not others. We think we can work around it by doing an inventory adjustment to add 1 (with value) and then record purchases, and then delete the inventory adjustment.

However, I am concerned that is just masking the underlying problem on these products.

Do you know why this happens?

If we get you to run the script will that resolve it ongoing or will we have to have it run over the file periodically?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SusieP 

Generally, the situations are caused by issues to do with the histories of those items. The script we do have recalculates the history among other things. Most of the time its not something that a client has done that will cause the error more of a system related issue. With that being said, we do have that script available that we can run over company files. In some cases, it just needs to be run the once in other cases the issue may creep back into the file at which point we can run the script again.

Should you require the script to be run at any stage, we just need for you to confirm the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SusieP
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Stephen

I have conducted the checks. 

There is one item showing negative on hand value when viewed in the Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab - but it is one of the impacted products (showing 0 on hand when you view the product but showing -4.44089...E-16 in this view).

Do I need to do a dummy adjustment to that product to enable you to run the script?

If not, then there are no other issues and we would like the script run please.

The details are:

- file stored online

- last four digits of serial #: 0544

- Company file id: 13

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SusieP 

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file for you. This should tidy up that item's history and thus better reflect the current information of that item.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post