Query re date set by MYOB when creating bank deposits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
87 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

87Posts

29Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Query re date set by MYOB when creating bank deposits

I have created a prepare bank deposit for a particular payment but despite several attempts to change the date of the date, it stubbornly stays on today's date.  even when I reverse the transaction, re-process the transaction, go to prepare bank deposit, setting the date to 13 September, it changes to today's date.

This is causing me grief as I want to reconcile my bank statement which has an end date of 15 September.  The payment came in on 12 September.

Is this a bug or have I missed something in the processing?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,055 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,055Posts

5,029Kudos

5,418Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Query re date set by MYOB when creating bank deposits

Hi @JulieM09 

We are aware of a situation that does affect the AccountRight 201x range where a Prepare Bank Deposit transaction date will default back to the original date*. Typically, this does occur, but is not limited to, when a user ticks one of the transactions, then goes into a transaction in that window and before returning back to the Prepare Bank Deposit window for processing.  This has been something that we have passed across to the team for further investigation, at this stage we don't have an exact timeframe of when this situation will be resolved.

Currently, the workaround to limit the chance of this situation occurring is if you are going to update a transaction listed in the Prepare Bank Deposit window that you do so, close the window and reopen before making the necessary changes to the bank deposit and ticking the necessary transactions.

*The Deposit to account, memo, and ID of the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction may result back to the original.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post