Re: Credit Notes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RiverFire
Experienced User
40 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

40Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

We received a credit note from a supplier and created it in MYOB.

It was applied to a purchase before I realized that the dollar value of the credit was not correct.  

I selected the PO, selected history, selected the incorrect credit note and deleted the Return/credits entry of the credit note that had been applied to the purchase. 

I expected that the incorrect credit note would re appear in the purhcases returns and credits tab where I could delete it or amend it.  But it does not. 

Also, although thjs credit note no longer appears in the history of the purchase, the total value owing to the supplier still includes this incorrect credit note i.e total showing includes the deleted applied credit and therefore is incorrect and subsequently total owing is showing less than it should by the value of the incorrect credit note.  I have done a new credit note but cant apply it or the value of the outstanding to the supplier will be reduced further....   

I have tried exiting tht particular supplier in pay bills and changeing supplier and then going back, but total value owing on the PO is not corrected.  I tried exiting AccountRight altogether and returning the pay bills, but the total amount owing to the supplier is still incorrect.  

Is there a re indexing function or similar that will correct this ?

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @RiverFire , that sounds like a situation that MYOB moderators will have to help you with. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RiverFire 

This does sound like a situation where your data file might need to be repaired. In order to confirm this, can you please send me the relevant screenshots and serial number by a Private Message so I can get this organised.

Update: Issue fixed by the data file repair team. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post