CathVSA
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Re: Invoice number allocation

hi @Haydes 

We are having the same issue, also with the warning set for duplicate invoices, as a couple of other people stated.  Are there any other suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks!

Cheers Cath

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1138Posts

139Kudos

147Solutions

Hi @CathVSA 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. I have moved your post as it was on an older thread, so this will keep the conversation up to date--you can refer to the original post here

Since you're getting the warning for duplicate invoices, you have the setting turned on.  On your next sale, have you tried using an invoice number that has not been used yet? Since the last recorded invoice number is used, it should start going incrementally once you update the number.  Have you been opening an older invoice and then go to create a new one? 

Let me know how you're going with this. If your inquiry is answered please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User CathVSA
5 Posts
Contributing User
CathVSA
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D , thank you very much for your reply and for putting it in the right place!

We  have the duplicate invoice warning turned on (as per the screenshot attached) but are not warned when a duplicate invoice number is issued.

We issue a lot of invoices, sometimes from a "recurring transaction", sometimes not, and we are always in such a rush that researching previous invoice numbers always seems to get forgotten - especially as it seems like the allocation of new invoice numbers should be automatic?

I appreicate your help!

Thanks

Cheers Cath

Duplicate invoice numbers issue.png
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1138Posts

139Kudos

147Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CathVSA 

Thanks for clarifying.  As you've made the selection we will have to see why it's not sending you the warning message.  The first troubleshooting we can try is for you to clear your AccountRight cache.  This can help remove some odd behaviors in the system.  Give this a go and try to send a duplicate to see if the warning pops up. 

Let me know how you go with this. If your inquiry is resolved please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. Keep me posted!

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User CathVSA
5 Posts
Contributing User
CathVSA
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D 

Thank you again for your help.

I cleared the cache and tried creating an invoice and it gave the duplicate warning, so hopefully that has fixed it!

I also tried creating an invoice using the "recurring transaction" function and that allocated a new invoice number, so maybe clearing the cache fixed that too (most of our invoices are created that way).

Thank you very much!

Cheers Cath

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1138Posts

139Kudos

147Solutions

Hi @CathVSA 

You're very welcome, I'm glad that this worked for you!  Feel free to utilize the forum if you have other inquiries or advice. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post