Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Rebates query

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help here.

We have a supplier who takes a monthly rebate from our payments of 5%. Up until now I have been creating a credit note for the rebate and allocating that to our cost of sales acount, which is quite time consuming sometimes.

I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this and if anyone else deals with this I'd love to know how you process the payments.

My problem is that sometimes like now, they pay an invoice in full and then take the rebate in the next month's payment but I've already paid those invoices off.

I've tried using the "discount" column in receive payments but for some reason when I go and look at the account later it has left the discount amount on the account as an owed amount. this used to happen to me in the "Classic" version too, mmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong here!.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated thank you.

Wendy

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,505Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Rebates query

Hi @Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post, apologies there hasn't been a response yet.  How are you going with this? 

I'll link the help article Customer discounts which might assist with this situation.  If you're looking for a function that performs differently than AR I'd recommend looking at our Add-on options

Let me know if this has resolved. If your post has been answered please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User Wendy2018
36 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

36Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Theresa for your reply and the link.

I'm having a problem with allocating a discount in "Receive Payments" .

So the customer invoice is $110.00 but the customer only pays $106.70 as they receive a discount. I enter payment $106.70 and the date, then TAB to the discount column where I enter $3.30 and finally the balance of $106.70. After I record this payment I sometimes find that the $3.30 is still on the account and then I have to go in and do a credit note.

This only happens sometimes, so is there something I'm doing wrong?? It's really time consuming when we receive large payments with discounts.

Thanks in advance.

Wendy

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,505Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Wendy2018 

Thanks for the additional information.  It is odd that this is happening sometimes and not others.  It leads me to think there is a shortcut being saved in the background data, I'd suggest clearing your AccountRight cache as this will clear those shortcuts and hopefully remove any odd behavior. 

I'll link Receiving Payments for reference and for other users who come across this post. 

I hope this helps. If your inquiry has been answered please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post