MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Receivables Reconcillation Out of balance in locked period

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Wellsinoz
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wellsinoz
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receivables Reconcillation Out of balance in locked period

I am trying to clean up my reporting in MYOB 

My current report Sales/ Receivables/Reconciliation Is out of balance so I when back month by month to find the date when it was zero That was the 29/06/2017 on the 30/06/2015 It was out by $144

I have located the entry I just am not sure how to fix it. It does stem from an issue with this clients account  previously but the bookkeeper advised they had delt with it. But it still is creating an issue. 

Any help would be greatfull. 

Thanks 

kylie

Recevable out of balance Myob Forum.jpg
1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,551 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30551Posts

3789Kudos

4456Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Receivables Reconcillation Out of balance in locked period

Hi @Wellsinoz

Based on the fact that the transaction is appearing in the Receivable Reconciliation Exemptions report, I would imagine that the transaction is going directly to your Trade Debtors account and therefore is impacting that account but not a customer's balance. As the transaction is in a previous financial year (30/06/2015), it will be hard to clear up as you can't change that transaction. 

What I would be doing is reversing out that journal into the current financial year - open the journal go Edit>>Reverse Journal and recording that reversal to be in the current financial year. Ideally, this should correct it going forward, it will still be out of balance on 30/06/2015. You may have to investigate the reason why that journal was created in the first place and if required record the necessary sales based transaction to reflect that.

I would recommend taking a backup of the company file before attempting the above process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post