MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Receivables exceptions out of balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted User harper23
72 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
harper23
Trusted User

72Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receivables exceptions out of balance

Hi, while looking for a solution I came across this 2015 post which was solved as a program gliche, but I have exactly this problem now.

I have run my data auditor and the receivable reconcilation exeptions report is showing an imbalance however when I run both the Receivables Reconciliation (detail) report and Receivables Reconciliation (summary) report there is no imbalance.  The exception report shows an imbalance amount however no transactions as to what the imbalance could be.  If there is an imbalance shouldn't the receivable reconciliation reports be showing an imbalance as well not just the exceptions report?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11061Posts

1253Kudos

1559Solutions

Re: Receivables exceptions out of balance

Hi @harper23

You are correct in that if there is an out of balance in the company data auditor, then it would be expected to see the corresponding out of balance appear in the Receivables reconciliation report as they pull from the same areas, if you were looking at the same date range.

If you were seeing an out of balance report within the company data auditor on a specific date range, then I would be inclined to use an earlier date range to find the point where the out of balance begins. Once you have isolated the point where the out of balance begins, then you can review the transactions that happened on that day to determine the cause of the out of balance.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User harper23
72 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
harper23
Trusted User

72Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Goodness I have traced it to a 2011 SJ debit and credit transferring a customer deposit. Not sure what to do about it now.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11061Posts

1253Kudos

1559Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @harper23

Given that’s such an old transaction, I’d recommend having a chat with your accountant over how best to correct that transaction. Most likely you will need to record a journal entry to correct the receivables control account to the correct balance, however as I am not an accountant I can’t advise how that journal entry should look.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post