Receive Payment from Sales Register

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Simmos
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receive Payment from Sales Register

I'm trying to receive a payment from the Sales Register order screen and it sits for ages and says up the top (not responding) and then comes up with a message "The connection to the server was lost. Please check that the server is on and connected to the network" The server is on and connected to the network. I can do everything else but this one task. It makes no difference if the order is converted to an invoice as the same thing happens in the invoice screen of the sales register.  I can receive payments in the Receive Payments screen, but I was just wanting to do a couple of single payments and this is how I was able to do it on our old version of MYOB Premier.

I am using Account Right Premier AU 2016.2.1

5 REPLIES 5
Contributing User gummy1234
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Receive Payment from Sales Register

No Tried it again today and it is still doing the same thing
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Simmos

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Generally speaking, that connection to the server was lost message most commonly comes up with regards to the services running on the Server hosting the file. Are you able to check the services running on the server and ensure they are all running correctly? You can find information on how to check the library services under step 3 of our help article, AccountRight library service issues.

Are you able to clarify for me, does the message come up regardless of the supplier and invoice selected in the Sales Register or is it just specific customers? If it is just specific customers are the customer used frequently or have a number of invoices against their card?

A not responding message can be caused by a number of factors, so it is very hard to suggest exactly what could be causing it. The not responding itself is brought up by Windows itself as it thinks that the program has crashed. Sometimes a not responding can be caused by the antivirus software on the computer. To help rule this out are you able to disable the antivirus software on your computer and try the process again?

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I will get my IT guy to have a look at the library service thing.
Yes in regards to it being a specific customer - Cash Sale. Yes it is frequently used and has quite a lot of invoices/orders against this card.
I have tried the antivirus disable and it doesn't make any difference.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Simmos

Thanks for clarifying that information.

If there are a lot of transactions against the one card, then if you wish to apply payments through the manner you have outlined then you would be looking, as a workaround to create a new card, such as cash sales 2, for example.

As AccountRight loads and checks all of the transactions against the card, when choosing the receive payment option inside the sales register, if there are a high number of transactions then AccountRight may have issues loading up so many transactions.

If you didn’t want to create and use a second cash sales card, then you would be best to use the Receive Payments option under the Sales Section of AccountRight

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post