Receive money by item sale

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Peter_Gardner
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receive money by item sale

When we receive money for cash sales we would like to be able to allocate it to the items so we have an inventory count. I am probably missing something, as I am sure MYOB would not have overlooked something as basic as this, but have not ben able to find an answer in the MYOB help? area.

Regards Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Receive money by item sale

Hi @Peter_Gardner 

Generally speaking, invoices will be recorded via Sales>>Enter Sales with the relevant customer and items added. 

If you do have a lot of one-off customers or cash customers, most users will have one customer card to represent those customers and then enter an invoice for that one customer (as per the below screenshot). This way you can record the invoice so it impacts item values and also allows for the payment to be recorded either via the Paid Today or Receive Payments window.

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Peter_Gardner
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Receive money by item sale

Thanks Steven - I had been soing that, just thought entering via receive money may have been a bit simpler, as we have a number of cash/EFT/cheque sales that are one-off, and we wouldn't normaly raise an invoice.  Our counter is managed by a number of volunteers, many of them are not computer literate. Sales are recorded manually, and entered later by trained staff.

Kind regards Peter

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post