Reconciling Bank Statement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nessbuilders
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciling Bank Statement

We had an invoice entered months ago that we set up a monthly automatic payment for through the bank.  So monthly I choose 'pay bills' and enter the amount to be taken off the invoice then record.  The last automatic payment went out incorrectly, should've been a lesser figure.  The company has reimbursed us the difference.

What i'm wanting to know is how to rectify this situation in accountright.  How do I process both the payment out which is more than the balance of invoice of course.  Then also receipt the money back.

Hope this makes sense!  Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reconciling Bank Statement

Hi @nessbuilders 

Thanks for your post. As the payment is more that the balance owing on the invoice you could treat this as a supplier overpayment. When entering the payment in Pay Bills you would enter the total payment, including the overpaid amount, which will automatically create a debit note for the overpayment. You would then go to Purchases Register>>Settle Returns and Debits tab>>select that debit and click Receive Refund.

These help articles will guide you through this process:

Supplier overpayments 

Settling supplier debits 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

nessbuilders
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reconciling Bank Statement

Thank you so much for your help Tracey!!!  It worked! Really appreciate your response.  I'll be saving this one! Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post