Reconciling electronic payments where the bank feed splits the batch into multiple lines

Highlighted
cmarshall21
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciling electronic payments where the bank feed splits the batch into multiple lines

I have a client that is using the electronic payments feature in AccountRight to pay their supplier bills. This process is fine, however when the batch payment is processed through their online banking, the bank splits the batch payment into multiple statement lines. I have confirmed with the bank that they do not offer the ability to have the batch payment be processed as a single statement line.

This results in the client being unable to reconcile their bank feeds, as MYOB expects to see a single statement line for the batch, but instead there are multiple individual payments to each supplier. One option would be for the client to go through and remove the eletronic payment and all of the supplier payments, after exporting the payment file, to allow them to then manually reconcile each individual payment against the supplier invoices, however this is time consuming and requires repeating the payment entries.

Are there any other options for them to easily reconcile their batch payments in MYOB given the situation? The client is still relatively new to AccountRight so I'm looking for a solution that would be easy for them to do and would require as little time as possible.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reconciling electronic payments where the bank feed splits the batch into multiple lines

Hi @cmarshall21 

As you have mentioned, processing those transactions individually would be the recommended method for that process.

The other option would be as you know that those transactions make up that balance of that electronic payment is to go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts>>Select the desired bank account and date to bring up the electronic payment in the bank account and tick that transaction. This would make that transaction as cleared and include it in your next reconciliation. Then it is a matter of dealing with those bank feed transactions and that would be a right-click on the transaction and select Hide Transaction, which would hide it from view.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post