Recurring Sales - editing a time billing recurring causes ValidationException

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,034 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,034Posts

204Kudos

126Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recurring Sales - editing a time billing recurring causes ValidationException

Hi Folks

After upgrading from Premier 19.16 finally to 2019.3 and STP I had a devil of a time with Time Billing recurring not saving as TB - but popping up as Item Invoices - that was solved by putting a buffer line called \Notes - 'Intentionally Blank' into all TB recurring - but a headache as we have 100s of recurring that will/that may revert to Item if the 1st line is not an activity.

However, a most annoying continuous problem is a ValidationException on editing a recurring Sales entry.

No matter what I do - delete the entry/ re-enter completly - save - if I go in an edit that recurring entry directly - everytime a ValidationException - i.e. I cannot edit a recurring directly.

Delete it - make the change I wanted in the actual invoice then save it as a new recurring - no problem.

I have no idea why this is happening - but any edit does not work.

Also of a very annoying carry over - is that our invoices are often quite large and I use blank lines between parts of the invoice to make it standout - if I then save that as recurring - on using this recurring these blank lines are populated automatically with 0.00, and this causes a save error - and I have to go through the invoice deleting these lines and re-inserting blank lines.

I have reverted to using header lines instead hoping this will solve the problem.

The Doc

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Re: Recurring Sales - editing a time billing recurring causes ValidationException

Hi @The_Doc 

We are aware that in some circumstances that a time billing layout invoice will change to be an item based layout upon recording. It typically occurs when the first line of the transaction is set to be an item, not an activity. If that is occurring we do recommend ensuring that you do have that first line set to be an activity - this may mean updating/resaving recurring transactions. This is something that we have passed across to the required team and are waiting for an in-product fix.

ValidationException messages for recurring transactions have been linked to the System Preferences - (Setup>>Preferences>>System) - Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions. As such, if you are encountering that message when using a recurring transaction ensuring that preference is disabled is the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,034 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,034Posts

204Kudos

126Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Recurring Sales - editing a time billing recurring causes ValidationException

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for your reply - yes timeBilling has been sorted - I have created a 

\Blank activity - This line needs to be 1st in an invoice and must not be removed - intentionally blank

I could not understand why this was causing me so much problem - as I was creating a recurring with this line in and it was always reverting to item invocies.

Hmm - until I stood over the office admin staff and found out they just do not read - they were deleting this line when using the recurring - grrr.

Re the Recurring and jobs preferences - understood but very inconvenient - I have this selected to ensure that staff enter a job. However, I have found that no matter what I edit in a recurring - even if all lines have jobs entered - the ValidationException error always occurs.

I have found the simplist thing is to delete the recurring and recreate it.

The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post