MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Recurring transaction Jornals

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Jollyrodger12
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Jollyrodger12
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recurring transaction Jornals

Hello, 

See below screen shot of a couple of recurring trasactions I have set up for jornals. 

See the second entry is set at monthly frequecy but the next due date is incorrect. Why is this? 

Also, any recurring PO's that fall on days that MYOB isn't open, dont get recorded. E.g. i have several set for the last day of the month. If this happens to fall on a weekend and MYOB isn't opened, it will record in the following month. This is very annoying as they all need to be changed and won't show up if I havn't widened the date range. 

Is there any way to fix either of these issues?  

Capture.JPG
1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,203 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2203Posts

2084Kudos

481Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Recurring transaction Jornals

@Jollyrodger12

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The reason the dates don't match is the same reason that the transactions are not recorded if the program is not open.

Recurring Transaction rely on the date you opened the data file, so if you do not open the data file on a particular day MYOB thinks that day has never happened.

So looking at the 2nd transaction on your list the last time you opened the data file and recorded the ransaction was 1/2/18 but because the data file has not opened on any of the due dates since it is now saying that the next due date is 9/5/18.

When using Recurring Transaction you need to open the data file every day otherwise you need to use the frequency accordingly. Try making sure that instead of monthly you use weekly multiples e.g every 4 weeks, or as a lot of people do make the recurring frequency "never" and use the To Do List contact alerts to remind you to process the payment.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post