Recurring transactions creation issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JackN
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recurring transactions creation issue

I am not able to create recurring transactions. I have tried using the normal method of selecting a transaction and then going through the "Save as recurring" tab. I have also deleted all previous recurring transactions for the particular transaction, and tried creating a fresh recurring transaction. All to no avail! I have the latest update for Accountright - Build 2019.4.23.1762. A staff member (no longer with us) who had set up the previous recurring transactions had set them to finish at the end of last calendar year. Now that they have finished, I am trying to create them for this new year. Any suggestions??

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Recurring transactions creation issue

Hi @JackN 

Can you please confirm if you get any error message when you try to save the transaction as recurring or does the system crash without any error?

Often, it does give an error message when it fails to save it and that gives an indication of what's wrong with the transaction.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JackN
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

No, I don't get an error message, and neither does the system crash. I simply go through the "Save as recurring" process, and press OK. 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @JackN 

If you go to Lists--> Recurring transactions, are you able to find the saved recurring transactions there? Any transaction that is saved as recurring goes to this list by default. 

Alternatively, if you try to enter a new invoice and then click on "Use recurring" button at the bottom left, it should bring up all the transactions that have been saved as recurring.

Please let me know how you go on with that.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JackN
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Yes, all transactions that I create as "recurring" appear in this list. I have also deleted all of them to start afresh, but it still hasn't provided me with a Bill when I need to make the monthly payment.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JackN 

If the transactions are in the list, that means that the template for recurring transactions has been created and it needs to be used now to create a bill. Once you highlight the recurring transaction in this list, click on "Use Recurring" that would open a new bill window with the information populated from the transaction template. You would then need to record this bill, and make the payment for whenever required.

recur.PNG

If you have set up a schedule to automatically record the transaction every month, then you would have to make sure that you login with the "Administrator" user id every month to record the bills automatically. I would also recommend checking "Edit Schedule" settings for the recurring transaction and confirming they are set to record every month.

If this does not answer your question, I would need to know the exact end result you want to achieve and what steps you are actually following in the software after saving the recurring transaction. You can also attach the screenshots if required. Additional information on recurring transactions can be found on "Setting up recurring transactions" help article. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post