MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Recurring transactions for time billing always default to item layout? Is there a fix for this?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User FionaB
25 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
FionaB
Contributing Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recurring transactions for time billing always default to item layout? Is there a fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9853Posts

1076Kudos

1385Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Recurring transactions for time billing always default to item layout? Is there a fix for this?

Hi @FionaB

This is something our team are aware of and are continuing to work to find a permanent resolution.

As a potential workaround, that may work for you, you could create the recurring transaction using the Time Billing layout with just one line. When this recurring transaction saves if there is an inventory item on the invoice it will revert to an item sales invoice.

Now that the recurring transaction has been saved, if you go to Lists >> Recurring transactions and locate the saved transaction. Clicking the blue arrow to edit this transaction, you can then create the time billing invoice by changing the layout and adding all of the necessary lines.  To avoid AccountRight getting confused and thinking this is a different type of invoice the very first line of the invoice needs to be an activity and not an item.

This first line can have a zero quantity and zero amount if required, however the first line does need to be the activity so AccountRight confirms that it is a time billing invoice and not an item invoice

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

25 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
FionaB
Contributing Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Recurring transactions for time billing always default to item layout? Is there a fix for this?

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your assistance, this appears to have solved my issue.

I have another question, I have setup a monthly Time Billing invoice template.  Not all activities are billed each month, is there a way of hiding the "zero" amounts?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9853Posts

1076Kudos

1385Solutions

Hi @FionaB

There’s no way to hide an invoice line, instead it would have to be deleted if you didn’t want it to show on the customer invoice. If you were going to be deleting certain lines in one month but not in another, you can set up the recurring transaction to not save the changes.

This is done by going into Lists >> Recurring transactions and highlighting the transaction in question. Once highlighted click on Edit Schedule. Towards the bottom of this window will be an option of Save my changes when I record this recurring transaction. If this option is unticked then any changes made to the transaction when you record it, such as deleting a line, aren’t saved to update the recurring transaction

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

25 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
FionaB
Contributing Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thanks again, I had already figured out what to do and setup the template and did not tick the save changes box. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post