Partner Zone

Refunding Credit Card Payments (Online Payments)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Flow
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

Refunding Credit Card Payments (Online Payments)

Feature Request:

Can we please have theability to process a refund via credit card if that is how the invoice was paid in the first place?

We have now had a few occasions where there has been a reason to process a refund and when the customer pays by credit card they assume and prefer the refund to also be by credit card. It would be wonderful if this was a feature the 'Online Payments' system allowed. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,532 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,532Posts

5,981Kudos

6,498Solutions

Re: Refunding Credit Card Payments (Online Payments)

Hi @Flow 

Currently, while Online payments allow for the user to take credit card payments on invoices, refunds do need to be actioned through other means i.e. there is no provision to directly refund the credit card that made the payment. To my knowledge, this is currently not something that we are actively working on at this stage for that feature, however, it may be something that is considered in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Flow
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Refunding Credit Card Payments (Online Payments)

Hi Steven,

I realise this feature does not currently exist that is why I am asking it to be considered. If you return a pay of shoes to a shoe store that want to reverse the transaction using the card you paid with - A lot of customers request the same if needing to refund money. For us refunds are usualy because of an overpayment (a husband and wife have both paid or just recently a property manager and the owner both paid) - On both occasions the customer requested that I refund the credit card transaction. 

Most merchant facilities offer refunds and charge a fee for it, I suspect the third party who processes credit card payments for MYOB can do this already and your development team just need to develop the front end process. 

Would love you to implement this feature in the future. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post