Report: Aged Receivables [Detail] - Show Current column

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RobinsonBH
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Report: Aged Receivables [Detail] - Show Current column

Hello,

An idea that we have found a problem for over a decade, and there has not been a fix for?

MYOB Aging process for Receivables & Payables....

For standard end-of-month trading terms (Accounts payable 28,30, or31days after end of month of Invoicing....

Rather frusting that MYOB does not have a CURRENT month terms column (Like all our Customers and Suppliers Statements are issued.)

MYOB combines 2x months into one column (0-30) days in Aging reports

Instead MYOB should age every month seperately and have a (CURRENT) or (-30-0) Agining Column.

This column would be located between (Total Due) column and (0-30) column for aging...as per the real world of paying bills or recieving payments.

Can this be corrected on the next version of MYOB please, as I am very surpirsed that thousands of people have not requested the same correction to Aging over the years.

Not having a (Current) or (-30-0) Aging column causes us problems every time we try to report monthly totals Aged of Payables and Recievables for ouselves, for banks, for anyone.

Much Appreciated if this can be correct with an option to (Insert/Modify) and (Show/Hide) this additional Aged column in future for (Current) or (-30-0).

Regards

Peter

"Aged Receivables and Payables Needs CURRENT Also (-30-0 Terms)"

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Partner NikkiParsons
231 Posts
Partner
Australia

231Posts

195Kudos

17Solutions

Re: Aged Receivables and Payables Needs CURRENT Also (-30-0 Terms)

@RobinsonBHI'm confused as if I change my aging methods to Days overdue using invoice terms I get 'current'? What version are you using?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,018 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,018Posts

4,564Kudos

4,961Solutions

Re: Aged Receivables and Payables Needs CURRENT Also (-30-0 Terms) - Status changed to: Already in product

Hi Everyone

The Aged Receivables and Aged Payable reports does contain a Current column. By default, these reports will be run according to the ageing method of Number of Days Since Invoice Date, so there is no Current column as it only looking at the invoice date to determine which column to put the data into. 

If you change the Ageing Method in the Filters section to be Days Overdue Using Invoice Terms, the report is looking at the terms of the invoice and therefore a Current column is generated.

Ageing Method: Number of Days Since Invoice Date

Attachment.PNG

Ageing Method: Days Overdue Using Invoice Terms

Attachment2.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User AMR_INF
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Aged Receivables and Payables Needs CURRENT Also (-30-0 Terms)

I absolutly agree!!! As I have come from a Reckon background I am struggling with this also...

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post