Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Report for Backorders on Inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User MichelleS_ECO
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
MichelleS_ECO
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Report for Backorders on Inventory

Hello

I wish to use Purchase Orders (PO) to send to my suppliers. I have set up items and have created an items layout PO.

Now the supplier has sent me their invocie. However not all the items ordered have been invoiced and will be invoiced once recieved (ie the items are on back order).

I find that I am not able to enter the recieved items on the order thereofre creating a backorder and only converting part of the PO to a bill for the goods recieved and invoiced.

What I have done so far:

I have created a linked account as requested by the system (I can receive items without a Supplier bill). Then when I choose "Receive Items" click choice I get the following window: <Only inventoried items can be recieved. Non-inventoried item listed on the Order form will be grayed-out on the Recieved Items form> but everything is gray-out!

Now the the thing is I don't want to keep inventory as the products I purchase are not 'sold' but used for construction purposes on a cost plus basis as well on a project basis. So I do not want an inventory account that just gets bigger and bigger!

Does anyone have a solution to this that MYOB AccountRight Live 2018.2 has availabIe not that then an Add-On recommendation for the very simple process of keeping track of goods ordered and recieved.

Thank you

Michelle 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Stuart_W
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

140Kudos

122Solutions

Re: Report for Backorders on Inventory

HI @MichelleS_ECO

Basically you cannot receive items without the items being inventoried; as when receiving items you are adding to the on hand quantity for the item, and only inventoried items have on hand quantity tracked. If you have not set your items to be inventoried then the quantity is not tracked at all and you don't need to receive them. 

When you enter a purchase order, no accounts associated with the item (i.e. the expense account for tracking costs) are affected as orders do not affect accounts. So if you want to track the expense/value of these items but only enter purchase orders and not bill them, you will need to put in a journal entry along with the PO which tops up the expense/asset account you want to track these items costs at the same time as the PO. Please have a chat to your accountant about recording the journal entry and which accounts to put them to.

Hopefully this makes sense but if you need any further ehelp at all please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User MichelleS_ECO
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
MichelleS_ECO
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Report for Backorders on Inventory (keeping track of items ordered)

Hi Stuart

Thank you for responding to me.

My issue is not about keeping the costing of the items but more about being able to track that all items ordered are recieved.

I use an "Items Layout" for my purchase order, send the order off, then the supplier invoices me each time part of the order is fulfilled.

I want to be able to show on the order/bill that there are more items to come in for the order. Therefore keeping track of items that are on back order and which I will be recieving another invoice for.

Is this possible without using inventory?

Thank you

Michelle 

Experienced Cover User TheSeatShop
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
TheSeatShop
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

13Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Report for Backorders on Inventory (keeping track of items ordered)

When I convert an order to a bill, it allows me to enter a quantity in the bill column, but there is also a backorder column. If you change those columns to match the correct amounts, the system will then automatically create a new order on the system for the items on backorder with the current date.

Under setup->preferences->purchases there is an option to 'retain original PO number on backorders'

I however let it assign a new number, and just put 'BO XXXXXX DD/MM' in the invoice number field of the newly created order. That way it is searchable on the purchase register/orders tab.

Billing an item will automatically receipt it into stock for inventoried items, and the billed/backordered columns system works just fine for non-inventoried items as well.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post