Retaining Original PO number between Quotes, Orders or Bills

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RossGC
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Retaining Original PO number between Quotes, Orders or Bills

Hi All

We've been running AccountRight Plus for several years with the Retain Original PO Number when changing a Purchase between Quotes, Orders or Bills [System-Wide] unticked.

Are there any systemic ramifications if we tick this so far down the track?

I'm assuming ticking will:

1) Retain all the historically generated purchase numbers and bills as is.

2) Current orders will retain the original number.

2) Just move to the next available number on a new PO.

Thankyou

Ross

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Retaining Original PO number between Quotes, Orders or Bills

Hi @RossGC 

Enabling a preference will typically enable that preference going forward. Existing transactions are typically not impacted by that situation. So in the case of enabling the preference Retain Original PO Number between Quotes, Orders, and Bills, any quotes or orders that will be converted from that date would have that original PO number listed on them. For example, if the order has the PO number 00000014 with the preference enabled at the time of converting the bill would have 00000014 as the PO number.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

RossGC
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the clarification Steven

Would I be correct in thinking that old purchase order numbers that were converted to a different number bill are therefore vacant and the system will pick up those "empty" numbers and use them?

Regards

Ross

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RossGC 

Generally speaking, the system is designed to work on an auto-number sequence where it would take the next number in the sequence. For example, if the PO Number is set to be 0000010, the next transaction would be 0000011, then 0000012...  As it is based on the previously recorded one, it tends to not re-use the previously-stored numbers - although enabling Setup>>Preferences>>Purchases>>Warn for duplicate Purchase order numbers would be able to prompt you to in case it was a duplicate.

Should also point out, we've had some cases of with that Retain Original PO number being enabled that after converting that number sequence is reset back to that converted number i.e. if you record 0000014, then convert 0000010 the next number in the sequence is 0000011, then 0000012... This is something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

RossGC
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

We'll tick that box.

Cheers

Ross

NI_2200
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In regards to your comments

"Should also point out, we've had some cases of with that Retain Original PO number being enabled that after converting that number sequence is reset back to that converted number i.e. if you record 0000014, then convert 0000010 the next number in the sequence is 0000011, then 0000012... This is something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation."

How is the investigation going?  We have noticed that it is happening with our sales orders...

Last recorded was on the 14th of March 22, 00002875 and as of yesterday the 16th the auto sequence have started from 00002810

I have checked set up>preferences>sales....we have ticked "Warn for Duplicate Invoice Numbers on Recorded Sales [System-wide]"

I do not understand why our auto sequence of numbers have jumped from 00002875....to 00002810.

Please advise

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post