Reverse EP and delete invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AinsleyCMP
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reverse EP and delete invoices

Hi @Tracey_H 

I need to correct an aged error.  I have accidently paid a series of duplicated supplier invoices, and need to delete the invoices and reverse the payment.  But, as it was paid within a bulk end-if-month supplier EP I am having issues. The Electonic Clearing Account had been recociled at the time aswell. 

I have managed to reverse the individual amount from the EP, which has applied a credit against each invoice, and is showing in the elec clearing account.   However, I am unable to delete the invoice as it still has the EP purchase applied (Error message why trying to delete: 'Á puchase with payments applied may not be deleted'). 

Any help would be great! Thank-you :-)

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reverse EP and delete invoices

@AinsleyCMP 

Hey Ainsley

The reason you can't delete that invoice is because the payment was reversed not deleted. Reversing creates a new opposite transaction without removing the original so the payment is still applied. And you could only reverse the payment because the EP transaction wasn't deleted first. 

Usually when you pay a supplier invoice twice you would record both payments against the one invoice in Pay Bills. This automatically creates a supplier debit which you can apply to an open invoice or receive a refund, depending on what the supplier issues. One way to deal with this would be to delete all transactions, so the EP, the reversal of the payment, the supplier payment and the duplicate invoice. 

Then follow the steps in these help articles to process that double payment:

Supplier overpayments and double payments 

Settling supplier debits

You will then need to re-record the electronic payment and re-reconcile those amounts.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AinsleyCMP
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reverse EP and delete invoices

Thanks Tracey, It was a little tricky but I managed to correct this problem. Thanks for your assistance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post