Partner Zone
Partner Zone

SUPPLIER CREDIT for paid invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User CT-56
96 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
CT-56
Trusted Cover User

96Posts

11Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

SUPPLIER CREDIT for paid invoice

Using AR 2016.2.

Purchased from a supplier a quanitity of goods. Paid invoice via EFT card transaction. When entering to Myob realized that supplier had charged for more quantity than received. Have entered purchase as per PAID INVOICE. Supplier has now refunded adjustment via direct deposit to card bank account..

Supplier isn't owed any monies. Inventory still shows the extra quantity. Haven't invoiced sale to customer as yet.

How do I record this refund?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,398 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11398Posts

1303Kudos

1606Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: SUPPLIER CREDIT for paid invoice

HI @CT-56

Thanks for your question.

The easiest way to record this will be to record a negative invoice for the extra quantity billed but not received and then record the refund of the debit note.

The negative invoice would be entered in the normal fashion through Purchases >> Enter Bills. Unlike a normal transaction however, the quantity is entered in as a negative for the amount that was billed but not received. This will give you an invoice with a negative balance due. As long as there is enough stock on hand you will be able to record the transaction.

When you try and record this negative purchase you will get a pop up message advising you that this will create one debit memo. Just click ok to record the transaction. The transaction should record as normal. Recording this transaction will reduce the stock on hand of that item.

To record the refund being received, you need to go to Purchases >> Purchases Register >> Returns and Debits. In the Returns and Debits tab you will see all of your purchase returns, but to record the refund you need to click the transaction and then select the Receive Refund Button. This will generate the refund transaction for you to record it to your bank account.

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User CT-56
96 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
CT-56
Trusted Cover User

96Posts

11Kudos

3Solutions

THANKYOU for your help. I am now all sorted.

Very appreciated.

CT

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,398 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11398Posts

1303Kudos

1606Solutions

Hi CT ( @CT-56 )

Glad to hear your all sorted and you are very welcome, thanks for taking the time to mark the answer as a solution.

Please don’t hesitate to post any time you have another question.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post