MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Sale and payment not showing in GST report and BASlink

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User AAAC
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AAAC
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sale and payment not showing in GST report and BASlink

On 31 March I entered a sale and payment to a customer.  The sale is in the transaction journal and it has a zero balance owing but neither the sale nor payment show in my GST reports or BASlink.  The dates for both are the same.  I am not sure why they have disappeared.  I have limited accounting knowledge so please keep any answers simple for me!

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,694 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1694Posts

364Kudos

178Solutions

Re: Sale and payment not showing in GST report and BASlink

Hi @AAAC

If it were me I would first of all check the dates and GST codes on the transactions.

Check what year and month you have dated your transaction?

Secondly I would delete and renter the transactions again.

Are you Cash or Accrual Accounting?

Also what accounting package are you using?

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service
MYOB Certified Consultant, BAS Service Provider
Phone 08 9754 7680
www.busseltonbookkeeping.com.au
Contributing Cover User AAAC
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AAAC
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Geoff.  I am using Accountright Plus.  The dates and GST codes are correct.  I tried to  delete the sale but a message showed stating that a sale with payments applied may not be deleted.  I am cash accounting.

I did try creating a negative amount in the initial sale for a total of zero in that transaction.  I then put in a new sale of the initial amount in a new window.  When I went to receive  payments,  the amount owing was zero and the transaction still did not show up anywhere; I then set everything back to the way they were.  In GST reports I noticed that the transaction is present if a detailed GST Accrual report is requested and also that the payment has been made.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,615 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6615Posts

439Kudos

1065Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Thank you for the additional information @AAAC

Since you are using Cash Accounting, I assume you would be trying to use the GST Summary/Detail Cash reports. This report would be reporting on the payment date of the invoice, not the invoice date. Therefore please make sure the payment date is included in the reporting period you've selected.

Since there is a payment recorded for that invoice, it would prevent the invoice from being deleted, you would need to delete the payment first. To do so please go to Sales Register > drill into the closed invoice > click on 'History' next to the total amount > click on the zoom arrow next to the payment > Edit > Delete. Please refer to this support note for more details regarding deleting a transaction

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post