7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Sales Item Import Tax Inclusive Programming Error

I think there is a logical error in the Sales Item Import functionality.

If I import a line item, and indicate that it is tax inclusive, MYOB adds the tax to the line item

So $100 inclusive of GST (10%) is coming in as $110 - not $100.

Myob should be calculating the amount of GST IN the $100 as it is inclusive.

The engineer got the logic wrong. Urgent Fix please as manual entry is going to cost a lot of time.

4 REPLIES 4
Experienced User Nishy
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sales Item Import Tax Inclusive Programming Error

You're spot on. There's definitely an error in the import routines.

I've have the same experience as you. If an item is flagged as tax inclusive GST is added to the total.

I would have had some very unhappy customers had they received these invoices!!

The latest version of MYOB has all the feel of a product rushed into production without due care & testing. There are so many buggy inconsistencies and annoyances in this software.

Contributing Partner bennyjparker
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nishy,

It seems as though the import functionalty has changed in this system from Enterprise. The [inclusive] value of 'X' or '1' only ticks the box in the created invoice. There is no functionality behind that like there was in Enterprise.

The [Price] field must be treated as a pre-tax price. I think the [Tax Amount] is optional and will still be calculated by MYOB.

So your import file must be manipulated prior to import to remove the tax from the [price] column.

This causes me enourmous 'rounding' problems as in the wine industry we have some absurd tax calculations. All my imports will have to be manually checked...

Not great news but a resolution of sorts.

Best of luck with it.

Ben

PS yeah there are numerous issues popping up all the time. Costing us time and money - like all of today...

Experienced User Nishy
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ben

I did explore the possibility of using pre-tax amounts, but as you discovered there are serious rounding issues.

It looks like I'll have to revisit that though. Not happy.

The MYOB 'support' people have shown a distinct lack of interest, mainly as I suspect they have no clue about importing.

Good luck to you too

Cheers

Pete

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,343 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,343Posts

525Kudos

1,149Solutions

Hi @bennyjparker 

Apologies for the delayed response. 

You are on the correct track here. The 'Price' field need to have pre-tax figures, regardless of the transaction being a tax inclusive or exclusive transaction. To minimize rounding issues, you can prepare the item price using up to 6 decimal places.

Whenever in doubt, the best option would be record the exact transaction in AccountRight, then export it to compare the figures. Just be mindful that if you open the exported text file in Excel, Excel may round the price to 2 decimal places. Opening the text file in Notepad should display more decimal places.

@Nishy Since I replied to your other post on this topic, I'll continue our discussion there - Item Sales Import Issue.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post