Sales Item Import errro 25 - invalid amount

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User PeterLSM
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales Item Import errro 25 - invalid amount

I have searched a lot of the posts regarding this error but have not yet resolved the reason why we continue to get this error. We have exported the data, and tried to mimic the format, but still have this error, and a few questions. Does the Inc Tax price need to be imported? or can it be left zero?

What fields are mandatory for the import. We also have freight on some invoice lines, which is also taxable. Do we need to define the Inc Tax Price for freight as well. The Template description is not specific about which fields are required. We are using on premise AccountRight V19.

I have attached one of our import files.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,357 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,357Posts

1,913Kudos

548Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sales Item Import errro 25 - invalid amount

Hi @PeterLSM, I think you will need to specify the inc-tax freight amount. (You could set up a dummy invoice with freight, export that and check the file format). 

I note that the amounts have up to 12 zeroes after the decimal point, this might be causing the error message. Try creating the text file with amounts using up to 3 decimal places only.

I also note that the blank lines in the file actually contain multiple tab characters, which I have found may also  confuse the import routine. You should remove them with a text editor, then try the import again. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Contributing Cover User PeterLSM
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sales Item Import errro 25 - invalid amount

Hello Mike

Adding the Inc-Tax price fields, and reducing the number of decimal places to 5 seems to have resolved most of the issues. Thanks for your advice.

We now have identified a different issue regarding Freight where it is charged for the whole invoice, and is not related to a line item on the invoice.

Is there a specific record format to use just for freight, or can we leave the Item details blank and just have a freight value?

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post