5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales/Purchases: Description character limit

Can anyone advise when the character limit will be increased in Description Field on Sales Invoices? I have read a few older posts about this  - but there doesn't seem to be an answer?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
849 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

158Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sales/Purchases: Description character limit

Hey @karenlittle,

Thanks for reaching out with this query.

At this stage the character limit is set. You can however add a header or blank line to allow for more characters.

You can find more information on how to do this in the following help article- Add headers, subtotals and lines to sales.

I hope this helps you out.

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Wiffco
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

OMG, why is this post marked as SOLVED? This issue is definitely NOT solved and it has been going on for over 15 YEARS. MYOB, when are you going to fix this? Why is there even a character limit required? And if there must be, then why isn't it 1,000 or 1,500 characters? There are so many service industries using your product that need to write way more than 255 characters of explanation of a charge. Your poor workaround suggestion of just starting a new blank line doesn't help when accounts staff are copying and pasting information from emails into Invoices. You go to paste and nothing happens, do you expect us to count the characters before we paste?! Just fix it for Gods sake! Rant over :-(
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,378Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Wiffco 

Currently the 255 character limit is hardcoded to the software for the description field. At this stage I am not aware of any planned changes to this limit however it may be something that the team look into in the future. That said some users have found that inserting a blank line allows them to record the necessary information on that invoice.

The original poster of a question may mark a post as a solution if they receive a response that they believe answers their enquiry.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post