MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Sales/Purchases: Enter key allows for the recording of transaction (preference is disabled)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner PAV
1 Post
Partner
Australia
PAV
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sales/Purchases: Enter key allows for the recording of transaction (preference is disabled)

Can you please let the enter button record the transaction in account right live like it did in v19.7? I is so much easier to hit the enter button when doing data entry then to keep using the mouse to click on the record button!

"Enter button recording Transactions in account right live"

6 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,505 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4505Posts

3253Kudos

713Solutions

Re: Enter button recording Transactions in account right live

I don't like to use the word wrong, but hitting Enter has never been a method of  recording  in MYOB, the shortcuts  are Control/Enter of Alt O.

Ron

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,281 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2281Posts

925Kudos

293Solutions

What happened to the preference setting "the enter key works like the Tab key when entering data" - when this preference is off the enter key records the transaction - well that's how it worked in V19.x - is that not the same in 2012 - I haven't checked.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Julie_B
Trusted User

215Posts

118Kudos

3Solutions

jenniek is correct - in V19.x if there is NO tick in the preferences box, when you hit the enter key, the transaction was recorded.

In 2012.x - there seems to be a problem with the programme when it comes to this, and MYOB do know about it.  On speaking with someone more senior from MYOB today it is an issue I have brought up and one they are looking at.  I have always preferred the enter key to work like the tab key, but in 2012.x it's not working anything like it did. 

It was also suggested that should you use the enter key after entering an amount, but you have asked the system to warn you if jobs are not assigned, instead of entering the data (and thus getting an error/warning) the software automatically takes you to the job number next for entering.  I can see the merit in this for someone who "looks" at the keyboard when they are typing, but for we data entry people I'm not so sure.

My personal preference, and the way I used to use it in 19.x is that when I hit the enter key after entering in an amount, I prefer it to work like a paragraph, aka going onto a new line so I can continue the data entry.  I often don't have to key a job number or another description so having to tab across through all of these extra fields to go to the next line is doing my head in. Having to use the down arrow to create a new line of data entry also doesn't work for me as I'm having to take my hand off the "working area" of the keyboard, which can cause errors.

So yes, I say bring back the way the enter key used to work in v19.x.

There are a number of posts about this Smiley Happy by searching "enter key".

Super Partner GDK
674 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand
GDK
Super Partner

674Posts

293Kudos

60Solutions

Most other accounting programs I have used have this preference

Thanks
Graeme Knox BSc BCom DipCom COP ACA
Business Analyst
Brunton NZ Ltd
VickiP
8 Posts
Cover User
Australia
VickiP
Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Enter key allows for the recording of transaction (preference is disabled)

I would like to add my "please add this back in" to the thread - most annoying not to be able to record with the enter key

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27483Posts

3227Kudos

4031Solutions

Re: Sales/Purchases: Enter key allows for the recording of transaction (preference is disabled) - Status changed to: Already in product

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 allows for the user to record a transaction by using the Enter key with the preference disabled. You do need to ensure that you are not in a free-form or selection field i.e. Ship to, Comments, description. For example, a field you would be able to select Enter to record the transaction from would be the Customer PO NO or Promise date field.

If you do have the Windows preference The Enter Key Works Just Like the Tab Key when Entering SOME Data enabled then selecting spacebar when on the Record button will record the transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post