Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales: Quotes to Invoice

Accountright 2019.3 - When processing a quote to an Invoice, MYOB keeps the quote. This has caused us some confusion and in some circumstance a double up of invoicing a customer.

Is there something we are missing: as in, something notifying us whether a quote has been made into an invoice already?

e.g. I will be invoicing and get interupted, then coming back to invoicing and RE-invoicing a quote, thinking it has not been complete yet. Is there a checkbox or something that can be applied, so that this doesnt happen again?

MUCH LIKE in "Purchases" - the way an order is "converted" into a bill, therefore not allowing for any error or double-entry. I know i get a notification when i have already used an Invoice number, not allowing for double up. Can "Sales" do something like this for quotes?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,492 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,492Posts

4,485Kudos

4,865Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sales: Quotes to Invoice

Hi @SusieExpTech 

Setup>>Preferences>>Sales>>Delete Quotes upon Changing to and Recording as an Order or Invoice controls whether of not a quote will be deleted after converting. The option is self-explanatory with it enabled the quote is deleted after converted, if not enabled it is retained. There is also a similar preference for purchases.

In your case, if you don't wish to reuse the same quote, you could look at having that option enabled which in turn will delete the quote when you convert it. So you don't get into a situation where that quote is still within the system and you are unsure if its been invoiced or not.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User SusieExpTech
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Sales: Quotes to Invoice

Excellent. That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you Steven!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post