MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Sales: Time Billing - Job selection

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Partner Aaction
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Aaction
Contributing Partner

8Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Sales: Time Billing - Job selection

When preparing an invoice or quote from time billing, it only allows you to select one "Job".  The way we use time billing, we would like to be able to select more than one "job to invoice at a time, so if we could have the option to select multiple jobs, this would enhance the program.

Also, although we use time billing and we use the time billing to create a quote, the time billing doesn't fit with the way we like to invoice.  So we end up left with a heap of quotes for the client (annoying), or we can delete the quote, which leaves a heap of transactions in the time billing.  Perhaps in the time billing screen - if we could tag time billiing amounts which have been invoice or something, this would be beneficial.

"Time Billing invoices"

4 REPLIES
Contributing User slam_dunc
33 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
slam_dunc
Contributing User

33Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Time Billing invoices

Hey ... excellent idea ... i just had that problem this morning and spent a lot of time on the phone to my accountant trying to work out a way around it. No solution.

With the reporting that our manager needs, one job number is often not enough. We hire out machines, and each has a fleet number, which we use for job numbers. But sometimes we dont only charge out delivery (for example) on one machine, it could be two - it could be ten!!! There is no way that we are going to split this delivery up into heaps of lines because this causes a lot more questions and deceives our cusomters. Same thing happens on the creditor end ... but to a more complex degree. Because of the nature of our business, theres no point me explaining it all on here ... i think many MYOB users would have similar frustration with it!

I know for sure that not only our business would benefit from this, but a LOT would find it useful. Its almost out of question - it SHOULD be done!

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Liam_M
MYOB Moderator

3488Posts

1326Kudos

529Solutions

Status changed to: Clarification needed

Thank you for the suggestion @Aaction. To clarify, are you asking to be able to split the income from a single line of a transactions evenly amongst several jobs without actually splitting the line out on the invoice, or to duplicate the income in several jobs?

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Partner Aaction
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Aaction
Contributing Partner

8Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Liam_M,

When you want to print statements, you can select all or only several customers to print statements for by putting ticks in boxes on the left hand side of selecting the customers.

It would be good, when you are preparing a quote or an invoice from Time Billing, if, when it asks you what job, if a list came up of all the jobs and you could place ticks next to which jobs you wish to include on the invoice/quote.

I must admit, I don't actually do my invoicing from the time billing, I only ever do a quote, then I ascertain what work (jobs) I have done for the client, and draft those amounts onto a professional (formatted) invoice, with the words which I want to use:

Eg as an accountant, my descriptions in the time billing might be:

• Writing journal entries
  • adding additional assets to depreciation schedule
  • Coding bank entries
  • reconciling bank account
  • reconsiling GST
  • etc
  • Preparing tax return
  • preparing bas statement

The job codes I use will be 14B03 for September 13 Bas (in the 14 tax year) 14T12 for the 2014 tax return, and 14F12 for 2014 financial accounts.

When I am preparing the quote to ascertain what work I have done for the client, I would like to be able to select all the jobs 14B03, 14B06, 14B09, 14B12, 14T12, 14F12 etc and any other jobs which I have done for the client through the year which haven't yet been billed.

Then when I do the actual client invoice it will be worded as follows (with an amount against each item)

Preparation of Financial Accounts for the year ended 30 June 2014

Preparation of 2014 Income Tax Return

Preparation of  (whichever) Bas

Preparation of Minutes

Etc.  All of the above have different chart of account codes, which I need to have broken up to enable reporting on different services both for management reports and also for my professional indemnity insurance.

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Liam_M
MYOB Moderator

3488Posts

1326Kudos

529Solutions

Hello @Aaction 

What we need to clarify is how do you want to tell the software how much money to allocate to each job?

To be clear, when creating a timebilling invoice, the software DOESN'T only allow you to select just one job. Each line of the invoice (any type of invoice) can have a differnt job on it. 

You can have many of different lines on an invoice and each one can only have one job. The reason for this is that the software needs to know how much of the invoice total to put against each job. This is currently done by making you type a new invoice line for every job and type a dollar amount against that line.

The prepare timebilling invoice screen will show every separate activity slip you've raised for the customer. Each activity slip will end up being a separate line of the invoice, so each activity slip can only have one job. Currently you need to raise a separate slip for each job, because otherwise the software has no way of knowing how much money to allocate to each job.

Where specfically do you wish to have the tick boxes for the jobs included in the invoice? Would this be activity slip or the invoice itself? How do you want the software to allocate the money to the jobs ticked? For instance, do you want the software to simply divide the money evenly between the jobs?

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post