Sales by Searching Item name with *

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TKP
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sales by Searching Item name with *

We used to be able to select and search for items for sales/purchases/inventory transactions. This allowed us to select an item by Item Number or Name without the need to close and reopen the window 

For example:

Attachments.PNG

Since we upgraded to 18.1 this function seems to be no longer available.

HOW can we get this back. It worked well for us and we can't seem to function without it

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Re: Sales by Searching Item name with *

Hi @TKP,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

In 2018.1 the Filtering in the Item Drop-Downs have changed to include a more advanced way of sifting through the data.

The Filtering now includes 2 ways to filter through your data:

• A "Value" selector where you can choose which items display in your list.
  • A direct Text Filter like before where you can choose your operators.

Using the Value selector:

When you have the Item List dropped-down in the Sales Screen, you can click onto a header to display the Advanced Filtering window and enter your Search Terms. This will give you a list of Values you can add to your list to select into the Line in the Sale.

I have included a GIF below to detail the steps involved:

Item Filter2.gif

Using the Text Filter:

The other tab of the Advanced Filter window is Text Filters, this works as other types of text-based Filters would work. By selecting your operator and then entering in your criteria, like so:

Item Filter3.gif

By selecting your Operator to Contains you just need to enter your criteria to filter the data.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User turman2001
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

No not happy with this response. I was also then on hod for 2 hours and had to end up hanging up. I want to lodge a formal complaint. please provide me with the correct contact info to do so?

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @turman2001,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles reaching our Service teams. I have sent you a Private Message with an email address to send your complaint to for this matter.

You can check your Private Messages by clicking onto your Avatar and clicking onto the envelope.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User SimonM1981
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I rang up MYOB on this change from the previous update to...as was panicing it had gone.  All I was told is that they were sorry that they took the option away and to suggest it again for the next update.....staff need training...because thankfully found it on here that it hasn't completly disappeared.   However....looking at it quickly I think the old option was quicker....however I will use it a bit more before I decide.

Thanks

Simon

Experienced Cover User TheSeatShop
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

13Kudos

1Solutions

You guys managed to turn a single step process involving the entering of a * in the field into one that takes multiple clicks - which by the way is almost impossible if you're using it on a touchscreen tablet such as a Galaxy Tab Pro S windows tablet due to the tiny size of the clickable 'coathanger' icon.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi everyone,

We understand the importance of this change and have relayed your feedback to our Product Team. We now expect to return the Wildcard Search Function back to the product in a release later this year.

At this time we currently don't have an ETA, though we will continue to update this thread once we have confirmation.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and we thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Hayden

MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User AHJS
119 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

119Posts

33Kudos

1Solutions

Thumbs down from us here its adding steps to the inputting process which is time and its taking hands off of the keyboard when inputting which makes it terribly slower to input.

Pre update all we needed to do was to type "%" as a wildcard in a field proceeded by typing for your key word and whammo up pop results you can select and tab through to continue to input

Post update what a long and winding road in comparsion;

Click into field

Click onto very small filter button

Click into field

Type

Select

Anyway this can be reviewed and reverted this is a terrible "improvement" as a replacement

Contributing Cover User olgordon
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I can't believe I recieved a message telling me I had limited time to do this update.

And against my better judgement I followed through with the update.

Now my life is a living hell of mouse movements to the little coathanger.

Almost every sale and purchase relied on the wildcard function and now its gone.

Im sitting here now almost crying because I have a purchase with over 60 paper map items all of them using names all of which change depending on what print run we have.

Now its a such a living hell of a time waste.

So unacceptable that someone thinks removing shortcuts is a GOOD IDEA.

Did he/she get a pay rise for that bright idea?

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi everyone (@olgordon @TKP @AHJS @TheSeatShop @SimonM1981)

As an update to this, I have confirmation that we will be including a WildCard search function in our next release to allow * when filtering items.

This still includes the Filtering options we have above and will be looking into reverting the Filtering back to as it was in 2017.2 in a future release.

2018.2 is due very soon and I suggest subscribing to our AccountRight Blog to get a notification on when it comes out and what other fixes have been included. To subscribe, go to: Browse Community > AccountRight > The AccountRight Blog, then click Options in the top right and then click Subscribe.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post