Australia
FoodMfr
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales journal error

I am a food manufacturer and predominently sell products wholesale to retail customers. I do, however, sell the same products online to consumers and cash sales to walk-ins, markets, etc.

All my wholesale customers are set to an income account for 'Wholesale' whilst I have Web Sales and Cash Sales set to 'Retail', however, whenever I enter a Web or Cash Sale, they are journaled to the 'Wholesale' account. I read an earlier thread which was similar but based on items not customers - as all my items are set-up as the 'Wholesale' income account for tracking sales, I'm presuming this is why. As I do not differentiate the product between customers, is there anyway that the customer account overrides the item account? I hope this makes sense......

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,203 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2203Posts

2086Kudos

481Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Sales journal error

@FoodMfr

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Because the allocation account is embedded in the item when you setup the item "I buy" "I sell" and I inventory",

any item sale will only link to those accounts.

A customer account will not override the embedded accounts.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post