Save URL to MSDS and TDS - Where?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Save URL to MSDS and TDS - Where?

I have saved a number of materials we regularly buy in the Items List section. I now have a need to download the data to a spreadsheet for use in another app but on that spreadsheet I also need to save a URL to the item's Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and its Technical Data Sheet (TDS). I would like to have used a Custom fields for that but they're only 30 characters long so that's not enough. Does anyone have a suggestion? I am trying to avoid having multiple lists that I need to keep manually synchronised. Keeping it maintained in MYOB and exporting an updated list every now and then is the simplest way I think

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Save URL to MSDS and TDS - Where?

Hi @TheRob 

If its an issue of character count, one possibility is to use a third party service to create shortlinks. So rather than save the full link you can save and use the shortlink, which acts as a redirect to the longer link. There are a number of third party sites that offer this as a service.

As an alternative you could potentially save the URLs in the Notes field of the item. This is unfortunately not an exportable field, however does have a longer length.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Save URL to MSDS and TDS - Where?

Thanks for the suggestion. Saving it in notes is of no value if it's not able to be downloaded, however creating short URL's is a potential solution that I will explore. Thanks for the suggestion

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post