Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Saving customer Invoice to Disk

Hi

Before the latest MYOB upgrade in August, when you saved a customer invoice to disk you were able to select the invoice format.

NB: we have a number of different invoice formats to be used  depending on the customer

Including a NZD invoice format ( with the NZD bank account) & a USD invoice format ( with our USD bank account), also most of our customers are invoiced in NZD  but we do have a small number of customers which are set up as a USD customer & these customers are invoiced in USD

Post the upgrade, when you saved the the customer invoice to disk, MYOB is defaulting to the USD invoice format

WE used the suggested solution of ensuring that the Customer card file ( selling details tab)  was updated to show the preferred printed format was the NZD Invoice format for the customer concerned.

But when we you save the Customer invoice to disk now, it still uses the USD invoice format.

THis is causing a financial impact to the business as  our customers are confused as to which currency they should be paying in which is delaying their payment to us while we sort out the invoice format issue

Q.  I understand some MYOB users like to new option ie defaulting to a standard invoice format automactically when printing to disk but I assume there are many other users who would like the option  to select the invoice format to be used.  Is MYOB going to update this functionality to give both options.

Q.  It would seem that setting up the print form default in the customer card is not working, any ideas on a solution.

Q.  "Save to disk" is old school terminology when you did saved the data to a disk,  these days we are saving to a separate folder/file on the harddrive or in the cloud.  And option would be to change this to "Save to file"

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: Saving customer Invoice to Disk

Hi @COLL123 

My understanding and testing with the send to disk functionality in AccountRight 2021.4 (.5.1) is that when selecting the Send to Disk option the user is needing to select the required form they wish to use.  For example, the user goes to Send to Disk on an invoice and the form selection window will appear requiring the user to select the form they wish to use.

If you do have Setup>>Preferences>>Sales -- Automatically Send to disk Sales When They are Recorded enabled, this would bypass that selection of the form when recording the invoice. In this circumstance, it would use the customise form that is set in the customer's card. Note: If the layout of the sale is different for that invoice to the one set on the customer's card it would use the default one for that layout typically the first one in the list of forms.

With regards to one of your other comments around the naming of that function, while I don't see any changes in the Desktop application to that function, the browser interface would allow the user to View PDF and then download a copy of it from there.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

COLL123
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

We have not set up Setup>>Preferences>>Sales -- Automatically Send to disk Sales When They are Recorded enabled as an option in the preferences.  

So I am unsure why prior to the 2014 upgrade, the saving to disk option was working correctly but now since the 2014 & 2015 upgrades this option is not working for us. 

Regards. Phillip

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @COLL123 

Just to confirm the current situation with your AccountRight 2021.4 (.5) version, when you are going an invoice and going Send to>>Disk. Do you get the following window:

Capture 3.PNG

If not, is it directly going into the Save as window to save the PDF? If that is the case, can you confirm what version of the software you are using?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

COLL123
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, we do get window, and we select the correct Invoice template 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

HI @COLL123 

If you are selecting the required form when using the Send to Disk function it should be using that particular form.

If that particular form is not being used, then the recommendation would be to review the form and ensure that it's the correct form that you want to use (Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Select the form>>Customise).

Should that form be the correct one, try clearing your company file cache. If you are still encountering that situation try resaving the customise form as a different name and then use that newly named form when sending to disk.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post